Not much change at my end, still reading Your Money Or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence by Vicki Robin.

Also started volume 7 of Jujitsu Kaisen manga, by Gege Akutami.

What about all of you? What have you been reading or listening to lately?

A regular reminder about our Book Bingo, and it’s Recommendation Post . Links are also present in our community sidebar.

• @dresdenOPM
    link
    English
    12 months ago

Without giving any spoilers, did that character got his well deserved comeuppance? 😀

The Time Traveler by H. G. Wells? I remember reading it a long long time ago and liking it, though don’t remember most of it now.

• @kusttra@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      22 months ago

Very much so, although the author manages to make it much more poignant than I expected, but it was for good reasons.

Yeah, H.G. Wells. I finished it a couple nights ago. It’s very… Pompous? It’s so over the top that it wouldn’t surprise me if it was actually supposed to be satire… but I don’t think it was. I’m glad I read it, but I highly doubt I’ll ever pick it up again. Oh, and it’s The Time Machine, not Traveler - sorry for the brain fart.

• @dresdenOPM
        link
        English
        12 months ago

lol, yeah, I didn’t even remember the name 😀

I pretty much read all my H. G. Wells in my very young days, and haven’t gone back to them after that. May pick it up again to see how I feel about it now.