• @StopJoiningWars
    link
    English
    42 months ago

You’re confusing the study of economics with specific economic ideologies. Clearly you’ve never studied the subject and are very much biased.

• I’ve studied economics as a discipline too much not to acknowledge its institutional biases. The statement “economics isn’t real bro” is a joke, but it’s a joke about how bad the state of the academy is in promoting neoliberal economics.

If that weren’t true it wouldn’t be powerful enough to turn Argentina into a fourth world nation. Milei is a product of these academic institutions.

If you actually went to or taught at a university that eludes these biases like the Braudel fans at Binghampton, you wouldn’t be scolding me for making a joke about how stupid most economics degrees render people.

• @StopJoiningWars
        link
        English
        32 months ago

This is what you claim to have done: “a joke about how bad the state of the academy is in promoting neoliberal economics”

And this is what you actually said: “Economics is not real bro”

I shouldn’t need to spell it out any further than that.

• J Lou
      link
      fedilink
      -12 months ago

The ideology is often implicit in how the model is explained. For example, 2 simple facts that go unmentioned.

1. Only persons can be responsible for anything. Things, no matter how causally efficacious, can’t be responsible for what is done with them
      2. The employer receives 100% of the property rights for the produced outputs and liabilities for the used-up inputs. The workers qua employees get 0% legal claim on that. This fact is obfuscated using the pie metaphor

@science_memes