Former President Donald Trump urged members of a crowd in Florida to vote and said that if he wins, they “won’t have to vote anymore.”

Speaking at a Turning Point Action event in West Palm Beach on Friday, Trump, who tried to overturn the 2020 election he lost, delivered a cryptic message.

“And again, Christians, get out and vote!” he said to a cheering audience. “Just this time. You won’t have to do it anymore. Four more years. You know what? It’ll be fixed! It’ll be fine! You won’t have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians. I love you, Christians! I’m a Christian. I love you. Get out. You gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don’t have to vote again.”

• @radivojevic
    link
    261 month ago

Pretty sure that warrants a second attempt.

• @radivojevic
        link
        91 month ago

Yes, I think we are on the same page ;)

• @etuomaala@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      31 month ago

How do you know the fascists won’t just rally behind somebody else like Trump, but younger and more competent?

• @Cosmicomical@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        31 month ago

That’s the usual “if they killed hitler someone worse would have take power”. That’s not certain at all, what is certain is that hitler was very bad and removing him would have been a good thing.

• @etuomaala@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          11 month ago

Assassinations usually make things worse. Just look at what happened to the string of coups in South Vietnam during the Vietnam war.

Or, can you think of a time when assassination actually did improve matters?