• @dorythefish
    link
    English
    32 months ago

What is “carrying stuff the way a truck does”? No offense, I really do not understand

• @CeeBee_Eh@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      52 months ago

Well, I can’t shove drywall, leaking smelly garbage, construction scrap, etc into a Ford Edge without seriously messing up the inside. So that kind of way.

• @uis@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Why would you need to shove it IN car, when you can carry it ON car?

• @ji17br@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          -11 month ago

What an absolutely bonkers suggestion. Do you legitimately think this solves the problem?

If someone actually did this, strapped drywall, leaking garbage bags, and other random garbage on top of their vehicle, there would be a post on here so fucking fast calling the driver a moron.

• @n2burns@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            English
            51 month ago

You can’t make this argument while also stating in other comments that a truck is too expensive.

• @CeeBee_Eh@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              11 month ago

I’m not arguing that. You have a fair point.

But my argument about a use case for a truck isn’t about MY truck (I don’t have one), it was merely about the valid use for owning a truck.

I’m getting by right now by wrecking the inside of my car (it’s already done). I looked at getting a roof rack, but the quote I got was around $1400. But that only would help with getting new drywall. Not broken up garbage drywall, and wouldn’t help with bags of garbage.

• @n2burns@lemmy.ca
                link
                fedilink
                English
                11 month ago

I know you don’t have a truck. As I said, I read your comments.

I still don’t understand your other issues. They seem like they’d be solved with a tarp and good garbage bags (that keep smells contained). I haul garbage and yard waste all the time in my Golf.

A truck wouldn’t be a panacea for your issues either. Truck beds also get scratched up and if you’re responsible you’d have to secure your loads.

• @CeeBee_Eh@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  21 month ago

I’m not getting a truck. I’m not in the market for a truck. All I said was “here’s a good use case for a truck”. I’m not looking for suggestions or help. This wasn’t meant to be a round table discussion to fix my predicament.

It was just a counterpoint to “all trucks are stupid”.

• @n2burns@lemmy.ca
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    11 month ago

All I said was “here’s a good use case for a truck”.

And all I said was it’s not a good use case for a truck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• @uis@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            41 month ago

would be over $1000.

How?

on my car

Although maybe your car doesn’t have rack mounts from factory. For lada it’s about 20€ and tightening few bolts.