• miz [any, any]
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 month ago

knew the US was depraved on an intellectual level before Netanyahu’s address to congress, but seeing that really broke something and I haven’t really been the same since

• blobjim [he/him]
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Only one cool politician left in the US Congress, and it’s partly because she’s from the city with the largest Muslim population in the US.

matt-jokerfied

And Muslims have faced decades of mass murder and racist propaganda which presumably influences why American Muslims are more clear-eyed about what politics to support. Is that what it takes for people in the US to have any kind of conviction?

material conditions bottom text

• Ildsaye [they/them]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      1 month ago

US SENATOR: Foreign campaign funds? I thought you guys were our allies.

ISRAELI CIVIL SOCIETY ORG DIRECTOR: Mhmhm Yeees, that’s what we wanted you to think! presses button embedded in his desk

ISRAELI CIVIL SOCIETY ORG DIRECTOR’s name card flips over with the sound of a motorized whir, revealing that his name is actually VLADIMIR PUTIN

• Greenleaf [he/him]
    link
    fedilink
    English
    91 month ago

Even before the electoral cycle started, they’ve been going after Bush hard on some trumped up accusations of misuse of campaign funds or something like that. Not unlike what AOC had to deal with briefly - I’m guessing she made some sort of deal with the DNC that Bush didn’t.