• @1984@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    410 months ago

It’s a fascism training ground, to see what people will put up with, how much surveillance will they endure, how much BS can they cope with, and how long will they stay till they either get “indoctrinated” or leave.

• AutoTL;DRB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    210 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

The social network has updated its privacy policy to include carveouts for “biometric information” and “employment history,” as spotted by Bloomberg.

X Corp. was named in a proposed class action lawsuit in July over claims that its data collection violates the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act.

The lawsuit alleges that X “has not adequately informed individuals” that it “collects and/or stores their biometric identifiers in every photograph containing a face” that’s uploaded to the platform.

According to findings from app developer Steve Moser, X plans on rolling out support for passkeys, which can use your device’s fingerprint, facial recognition, or PIN to log in to your account.

The platform rolled out the beta of a hiring feature for companies last week and also plans on adding video and audio calls with “no phone number needed.”

The current privacy policy, which you can read here, makes no mention of the collection of biometric data or information related to employment history.

The original article contains 302 words, the summary contains 159 words. Saved 47%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!