• CommunistBear [he/him]
    link
    fedilink
    English
    2326 days ago

Have they considered that insects are merely drawn to the flesh of ghouls? With a concentration of ghoul flesh this high I’m surprised we haven’t seen a full blown swarm of insects and carrion birds

• CyborgMarx [any, any]
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1126 days ago

Has anyone ever heard of the Surströmming Challenge or Fermented Swedish Herring that’s banned by multiple locales for it’s overpowering and rancid smell

• @NaevaTheRat@vegantheoryclub.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    626 days ago

I’m not a usaian, and I don’t really care who did this or why but:

“All Americans have the right to peaceful protest, but ugly attacks like this have no place in our democracy,”

Isn’t this a peaceful prostest (factoring in here that the speaker almost certainly does not consider the insects harmed worthy of dignity and respect)? Obnoxious and weird sure but peaceful.

• BodyBySisyphus [he/him]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1026 days ago

Here in the US anything that results in even the mildest inconvenience or loss of face among the ruling class is violent by definition.

• @NaevaTheRat@vegantheoryclub.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        326 days ago

Fair, I mean similar stuff happens in aus but we’re literally a prison colony of uptight dibber dobbers without even town squares lest uprising be facilitated. I thought you were calibrated the other way, like firing rounds up into the air is peaceful and civic jubilation :p

Guess power is the same everywhere. I do wish the media parroted this stuff less. Normalising disruption = violence is how the remnants of our liberties die.

• buckykat [none/use name]
          link
          fedilink
          English
          426 days ago

Firing rounds into the sky is peaceful civic jubilation, knocking over a trash can near a protest is violence

• Then יהוה said to Moses, “Hold out your arm over the land of Egypt for the locusts, that they may come upon the land of Egypt and eat up all the grasses in the land, whatever the hail has left.”