I say “kijiji” becasue that’s what people use where I live, but Craigslist/Letgo/etc. can be good too. I have a bookmark folder for each day of the week, full of . . . well, mostly webcomics to be honest, but the point is that there’s a link to a kijiji search for “nerf” in each.

It’s a system that I’ve been using for a few years now and I highly recommend it.

The second gearup Recon was a pleasant surprise. I thought that I was doing well to get gearup and crimson in the same lot, but hey, there was more lurking at the bottom of the box.

• Ali
    link
    English
    21 year ago

Nice! I used to hit up multiple Goodwills on my way home every day for years. Nowadays I’m content with the size of my collection overall, but thrift stores and these kinds of apps are an absolute gold mine of rare stuff for those who are diligent.

• @Herbert_WOPM
      link
      English
      21 year ago

Thanks! I made a trawling expeditions through the local thrift stores back when I lived in Toronto. I’ve found that thrift stores are better for building an arsenal but kijiji is better if you’re looking for something more specific - in both cases you’re paying with time to get things that aren’t otherwise available, but with kijiji it’s almost free to look frequently even if you don’t often see what you’re looking for.

• @FrazzlusMaximus
    link
    English
    21 year ago

That is a wonderful heap of old school cool right there