I haven’t watched TWD since season 7, but the trailer for this spin-off (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTOaFootkSk) really caught my interest.

No need to catch up on all the other seasons to follow the plot? ✅ Focus on one of my favorite characters from the old series? ✅ Cool & different medievalesque post-apocalyptic French setting? ✅

Hoping it’s as good as the early reviews suggest.

• Sabre363
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    2410 months ago

They’re still fucking making walking dead stuff?

• @CmdrShepard@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      410 months ago

I think 2 spinoffs and 3 movies are planned. Things that probably would have still been relevant 10 years ago.

• danhakimi
        link
        fedilink
        410 months ago

… is the show making money? How is it making money? I haven’t heard a good thing about it since like season 2…

• @FireTower@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          110 months ago

Twd would make for an excellent money laundering front. Idk anyone who is still a twd fan but in 2013 it was on fire, back when companies where selling knives with neon green grips under the illusion that somehow that made them better against zombies.

• danhakimi
            link
            fedilink
            310 months ago

I’m trying to figure out who is. My sister was obsessed with the show for a few years, but she still got fed up more than five years ago.

• @Daisyifyoudo@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              29 months ago

Most fans, either from the graphic novel or those that watched since day1, have moved on. Long ago. And most cite Neegan’s arrival to be the breaking point (although I loved his arrival and watched one more season), but the writing became stale and formulaic. What was once a cool, creepy show about zombies and survial horror became a lazy, uninteresting power struggle among the major factions.

Only ones that watch now are late commers and boomers.

• @NightOwl@lemmy.one
              link
              fedilink
              English
              110 months ago

I wonder too. I read all the Walking Dead comics, but stopped following the tv series after season 6 of TWD and season 3 of FTWD. So it’s not like I was never part of the demographic.

• Freeman
    link
    fedilink
    1110 months ago

Basically every season since the farm was almost a rinse and repeat of find new place, these people are nuts, burn it all down and move on to a new villain.

I stopped watching after the whole neegan cliffhanger. I also swore off any show that ended seasons on cliffhangers.

Darryl was probably at least the most human and best acting of the few seasons I watched.

• @chutapues@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    29 months ago

Ngl after watching the trailer I’m kinda interested. I dropped off at season 10. It was a great pandemic binge watch but like 10 seasons was already too much. This new show looks interesting though. Like France is somehow involved, the muskets and the show girl? Wtf