I’ve been a moderator over at that other place for several years, so I know that the best discussion forums/communities happen when topics are carefully curated, and civility is practiced and encouraged.

I’ll be selecting articles and topics for discussion, but what sort of subjects are you looking for in /c/Photography?

Photos, of course. I think everyone enjoys a good photo, whether it’s the composition, subject, colors, or style. So please, post photos you enjoy.

Articles? I love reading articles online that talk about the art of photography itself, or new gear, or how photographers can get a certain effect. What sorts of articles are you looking for?

Topics of discussion? What’s been on your mind recently when it comes to photography?

I hope you’ll find it an enganging and worthwhile place to spend a little of your time.

Share and enjoy!

• jgrim of SublinksMA
    link
    29 months ago

I like the idea of having contests. Perhaps the community isn’t large enough to get enough engagement. For example, the banner one I did before. I’d like to have themes, like best pet photo, flower photo, etc. Just a thought.

• @biffnixOPM
      link
      English
      29 months ago

I like this idea as well. It allows folks to participate without too much extra work, but still feel part of the community.

Other contests could include a gear swap, maybe? I’ve got gear I don’t use anymore, even down to APS-C bodies I don’t use. I’m sure as the /c/Photography community expands, we can come up with more ideas on how to be connected as a community of photography afficionados.