Clarence Thomas’ ethics mess was already a problem. Revelations about his role with the Horatio Alger Association make the problem worse.

• @kill_dash_nine@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    91 year ago

I keep hearing about this dude’s issues coming to light and getting worse yet I see no path to change. Amazing how such simple gaffs back not even that long ago could disqualify people from things like running for public office but now people have just normalized being a piece of shit.

• @EeeDawg101@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      11 year ago

From what I gather there is literally nobody higher than the Supreme Court, therefore they can’t be punished. I guess they can be impeached but if the dems do that, the republicans will start doing it and it’ll just become a political weapon that will come out to play depending on who’s president.

Maybe we the people can do something? But no that’s a joke. Idk but it’s depressing af

• @Wilziac@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    61 year ago

How many stories have come out proving that this whole court is corrupt, yet nothing seems to be able to be done about it. Seriously, what is there to do as an average citizen? A out the only way I see out of this is impeachment, which likely won’t work, or packing the court, which Biden is too much of a coward to do.