Welcome to the RD thread!

This is a place for casual random chat and discussion.

A reminder for everyone to always follow the community rules and observe the Code of Conduct.

Mobile apps:

Quick tips:

Footnotes:

• Daily pixel art by Paul Sabado
  • Report inappropriate comments and violators
  • Message the moderation team for any issues
  • @ExploringLiterature@lemm.ee
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    81 year ago

A man and woman on discussing the font to be used for an invitation:

Man: Smth smth about font being too cursive, try a simpler straighter font for more readability.

Woman: Straighter? Baket? Di din naman tuwid ung [REDACTED] mo a.

Dayum that was a good clapback and got a good laugh out of that.

Magandang umaga mga Phlemmings!

• Yeontura
    link
    fedilink
    English
    81 year ago

@rman0159@lemmy.world 's old story about DZRH on Reddit was hilarious:

“Stand-By Announcers” do just that—stand by and wait for a technical problem to happen and fill in the gap. If all goes well, all he does is give the opening or closing for pre-recorded programs. But that doesn’t exempt them from disasters. Take for example one who was assigned to stand-by while a pre-taped religious program was being replayed. It was running overtime and it had to be cut while the American pastor was in the midst of preaching emphatically “But Jesus said not a word. Then the devil said…” “This is MBC the Manila Broadcasting Company, DZRH, Manila.” What made it more hilarious was that the announcer’s voice sounded like the pastor’s.

From: "IT’S NOW SEMEN DIRTY IN THE EVENING…(TOOT!)” by Ernie Zárate (RIP) via Memories of Old Manila FB group

• @willnever_fadeaway@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    81 year ago

For those who want to join our Lemmy Baguio community, we are at !baguio@lemm.ee. I know it’s devoid of life now so I might actually need help in getting activity started there. Please delete this comment if this is not allowed 😅.

• eeeeyayyyy
        link
        fedilink
        English
        31 year ago

My important emails are labeled and archived (see colors from the left sidebar, those are Labels). I immediately delete promotional emails whenever I receive one.

• tahann
    link
    English
    71 year ago

Mahirap pala maging self-aware sa mga benefits na nakukuha natin dahil sa maling sistema, lalo na kung iniisip natin na deserve natin ang nakukuha, lalo na di pumapasok sa isip natin na deserve din ng iba, kahit yung mga taong ayaw natin. #blessed

cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      41 year ago

Any recommendations sa sandwiches nila? I’ve been passing by a poster of Bahn Mi’s sandwiches but have yet to try one.

cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

While we’re on the subject of logos, Please vote on which logo will be the next winner of 3 million pesos.

In the true spirit of laziness , finger pointing creativity that certain government agencies are known for, please note that some most visual elements are blatantly copied from here.

If any controversy is noted in the above images, automatic response to all controversy is:

Eh kasi this is a "mood video board with the intention of exciting super mega duper internal stakeholders with lots of money"

• decadentrebelM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      41 year ago

Parang stir naman kasi yun. Onus of proof is with the accuser, bakit si Ruud magpapaliwanag? Haha.

• megane-kun
        link
        fedilink
        English
        41 year ago

Yun nga eh. Kahit na sa tingin ko may point pa siya, tagilid pa rin siya kasi mas wala syang grounds to stand on other than “Meta is doing shady shit.”

At saka, sabihin na nating obligated si Ruud na walang sabihin (NDA, injunctions or whatever shit), eh … anong point nung pag-post ng ganun? And within a community within lemmy.world at that?‌ Like, di nya territoryo yun!

• megane-kun
        link
        fedilink
        English
        31 year ago

Thanks!‌ It’s from a different community.

!fediverse@lemmy.world modlog featuring latest user bans

Yan yung OP ng linked thread. Well… ugh. Di na lang ko mag-comment. Gi-atay.

• decadentrebelM
          link
          fedilink
          English
          51 year ago

In fairness, I love the transparency of the mod log. I also like how you can put the reason for a thread removal or ban. In Reddit, the best you could do is flair it and a removal reason will be sent via PM.

• megane-kun
            link
            fedilink
            English
            41 year ago

Lol~! Nakakapanibago, tbh. The fact that any ordinary user like me can dig that up and piece together a decent guess as to what happened, it’s … refreshing?

• decadentrebelM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Nag-update pala si lemmy.world an hour ago. It fixes the infamous login issue daw.

Edit for those who still have issues logging in:

• When using a browser: clear cookies and cache
    • When using an app: remove your lemmy.world account and add it again.

I’m glad they didn’t adopt the grey border that lemm.ee now has, lol.

Edit: Spoke too soon. The grey borders are here! 😒

• decadentrebelM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    61 year ago

Ang lamig!! For the first time this month, hindi ako mag-aamoy anghit sa gabi.

• @willnever_fadeaway@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    61 year ago

I’m supposed to be sleeping and about to wake up for work in my home city Baguio but I’m currently drinking alone in Cabanatuan because fuck everything

• @mr_m00@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      41 year ago

Man I don’t have the balls to be out of town during a work week.

Also, lakas ulan sa town kanina.