• AutoTL;DRB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    19 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

The case was filed in the Southern District of Court against Sidechat owner, Flower Ave. on October 6, 2023.

The complaint demands a jury trial, damages, and an injunction against Flower Ave.’s interference and its use of Fizz’s trademark.

In one example, a Flower Ave. co-founder Sheldon Chang impersonated a student at Northwestern University in an effort to learn where Fizz was launching.

The court filing includes screenshots of these communications which reveal that when Solomon replied, the header of their conversation was updated to “Sheldon (SideChat),” as it appeared Chang had accidentally reverted to his real name.

Fizz also alleges that Flower Ave.’s marketing campaigns infringe on its trademark — a stylized bee — and include spreading misinformation.

Founded by Stanford dropouts, Teddy Solomon and Ashton Cofer, and led by CEO Rakesh Mathur, Fizz recently closed on an additional $25 million in Series B funding from early investors Owl Ventures and NEA, and said plans to reach 250 schools by year-end.

The original article contains 674 words, the summary contains 161 words. Saved 76%. I'm a bot and I'm open source!