Welcome to the RD thread!

This is a place for casual random chat and discussion.

A reminder for everyone to always follow the community rules and observe the Code of Conduct.

Mobile apps:

Quick tips:

Footnotes:

• Daily artwork is “Trompe L’oeil (Trick the Eye)” by Antipas Delotavo
  • Report inappropriate comments and violators
  • Message the moderation team for any issues
  • inthemiddle
    link
    fedilink
    English
    101 year ago

naalala ko rin sa wakas password ko ditoooo! kamusta kayoooo? :D

• eeeeyayyyy
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Password manager na yan. Browser or third-party, both can generate random characters and encrypt your password vault. If you don’t mind making folders and organize, then browser’s built-in is enough, or else go for Bitwarden or Keepass 2

• @willnever_fadeaway@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        11 year ago

Since I used Bitwarden, I now have no idea on what any of my passwords are, except of course the Master Vault Password, and it’s been so convenient.

• s08nlql9
        link
        fedilink
        English
        21 year ago

what service do you use to sync or save passwords online with keepass?

• megane-kun
          link
          fedilink
          English
          21 year ago

I just make use of a master password and then save the password database in my Dropbox. The password database itself is encrypted and locked with the master password so it’s relatively safe. That’s what their FAQ tells me anyways.

Maybe it’s one of the things where KeePass and KeePassXC differ though.

• ayel
    link
    fedilink
    English
    101 year ago

Good morning! Sana maging masaya tayong lahat 🙂

• @monknonoke@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    91 year ago

I started trying ‘thrilling’ sports for the excitement of it, but it seems like it ended up calming me instead 😆 isn’t it interesting?

It’s good to try new and different things. I feel that I’ve started to learn new things about myself (which tbh I thought there was not much to learn more anymore). When I reflect on all of it together, I get this little lightbulb moment and for a moment in time I think I just got a moment wiser hahaha.

For example, I knew that I have this nagmamadaling personality but I never really knew what to do with it. I consider it a flaw for myself, actually.

Now, I get it. I had to temper it out, and doing these sports is helping a lot to temper it. I think it’s beautiful. Para akong binigyan ng chance to work on myself some more in a different way.

Seriously, I think I’m becoming more genuinely patient and I’m not just not minding it. It’s amazing. I’m really glad and thankful while I’m writing this at 3-4am.

Off to the next adventure~~

• decadentrebelM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    81 year ago

Good decision completing the Barbenheimer marathon with Barbie. Way better than I expected.

Also, to the phlemmy that asked the other day if it was going to have commentaries on consumerism and all that: Yes, it does.

• eeeeyayyyy
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I wasn’t really expecting Barbie to be that way. I thought Gerwig/Baumbach sold themselves out with this franchise, but they turned 180. Margot Robbie? Damn, after a decade, still a bomb.

• decadentrebelM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        1 year ago

They pretty much showed that Barbie was hated by everyone, particularly women for setting feminism back haha. Di ko inexpect that Mattel was going to allow that.

Tapos dami pa mga hamfisted digs on men… na totoo naman, lmao.

Edit: TIL that Matchbox 20’s Push was misogynistic. Ngayon lang nag-click sa akin as an adult. Chorus lang kasi alam ko.

• tahann
      link
      English
      31 year ago

Awww… Baka manood na ko. Kaso when ko pde isingit ito? 😮‍💨

• the_yayaOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    71 year ago

Last day of the work week!

Today’s Ask PHlemmy: What are you SICK of people constantly telling you?

• decadentrebelM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      81 year ago

I hate the “maraming hindi kumakain/maraming nagugutom sa mundo” remark and I really wish the future generations would not adopt it to their lexicon.

Also, as a diabetic, I’m sick and tired of hearing people ask “pwede ba sayo yan?” when they see me eating something sweet.

• @pints@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        41 year ago

maraming hindi kumakain

Ang go-to response ko dito (di ko sure kung kanino ko to unang narinig) is, “Bakit, pag kinain ko ba ‘to, mabubusog na sila?”

• @had0ken@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      51 year ago

May girlfriend ka na? (I’m gay and currently in a same-sex relationship. I’m in the closet in my family circle) Kailan ka magaasawa? Kailangan mo na magka-anak.

I get most of this questions from my boomer generation family…

• @mr_m00@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      41 year ago

You’ll be okay. You’re strong.

I’m not okay, and it won’t make me feel any better. Let me be weak for once.

• megane-kun
      link
      fedilink
      English
      31 year ago

“May plano ang Diyos.”

Especially heartless thing to say to a suicidal person who thinks his life is only made up of suffering. What would that mean then? That God wants him to suffer? For what? “Mysterious ways?”

Equally galling is to hear something like “Mahal ka ng Diyos,” but it makes it up for being clearer statement by making God a sadist.

Hearing both in quick succession makes me imagine God as that (the) Sims™ player who enjoys putting sims on pools and deleting the ladder, or making sims stay inside 1×1 rooms until they almost die in a puddle of their own pee (and shit), let their bars recover for a bit and repeat the cycle again and again and again until they get bored.

• Yeontura
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      1 year ago

…That Quirino province apparently exists daw

• ayel
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Matulog ka na

Eee gusto ko pa magpuyat huhuu. Emzz 🥲

• eeeeyayyyy
      link
      fedilink
      English
      31 year ago

“Hoy, bakit wala kang pissbook? May tinatago ka ba?”

Oh, yes, kasi privacy.

• @willnever_fadeaway@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      21 year ago

Naol last work day of the week, I’m still at work and there’s still Friday shift which is later tonight.

I’m sick of people constantly telling me that I’m not normal, like I know. I don’t need your invalidation.

• @ExploringLiterature@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      11 year ago

Kailan ka mag aasawa

Pag hindi ka na makakaattend ng kasal.

Who are they to dictate major life choices? Tapos when they fuck up sa big life-changing decision, sila pa magagalit? Aba tangina nila minamadali nyo ung tao tapos pag palpak kasalanan pa rin nila.

Fuck the concept of Sala sa init, sala sa lamig

• tahann
    link
    English
    61 year ago

Some work meetings are just labasan ng sama ng loob that won’t get any resolution. Yay!

• Yeontura
    link
    fedilink
    English
    61 year ago

On my Facebook On This Day a year ago:

Sarina Bolden nag-order daw ng dalawang sisig

• Takina's Old Pair™
    link
    fedilink
    English
    61 year ago

Kaya ko ginawa yung reddit account ko several months ago papang r/place ko sana…

Kaya lang, ayun nga, SPEZ HAPPENED.

• @sparkle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    51 year ago

Nagstart na akong mag-apply. Gusto ko naman ung current company ko, ung client, ung colleagues, ung culture, at ung sahod. Ayoko ko lang nung trabaho ko ngayon. Feeling ko lalong pumupurol ung skills ko. Nagsabi naman ako sa boss ko na ayoko na nung role kaso parang walang mangyayari. Sad.

• eeeeyayyyy
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

My Bitwarden is unable to sync for days now Error Code 7. I recently updated my online bank account’s at email account at nalaman ko na lang na hindi naka-sync ang updated credential nung na-lock ang bank account ko.

Balik na lang siguro ako sa built-in password manager ng Firefox. Maga-apat na taon na ako sa BW, eh, and perfect timing ngayong Sunday na mae-expire Premium ko.

• @heliosef@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      51 year ago

I’ve read about the error code 7 issue before from this forum and it seems to be related to the BW backend temp blocking IP ranges when it triggers “unusual activity” flags, whatever that means for them.

Switching IP addresses is a potential solution, either from a router reset or via choosing a different endpoint via VPN. Or just waiting for the temp block to be released, but who knows how long a wait that’s going to be.

On one hand, I can see how their current solution has potentially saved a ton of accounts from being compromised. On the other, it really prevents the application from it’s intended use for most people who don’t have VPN or don’t have any control over the public IP they’re connected to.

I’m worried too about when this issue hits me, so I’m tempted now to self-host a private BW backend instance. But that’s a whole slew of things that I really don’t want to have to manage.

• eeeeyayyyy
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I’ve tried setting up my network back to default and solved nothing. I spent $5.50 for Mullvad VPN to change IP address, and still nothing.

Self-hosting is kinda steep on my monthly budget.

• eeeeyayyyy
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I appreciate the offline-centric of KeePass derivatives, but I just want to sync my passwords online, para ma-access ko rin siya with someone’s device na may Firefox Browser, and also autofill.

edit:

WELP BUMALIK AKO SA KEEPASS, WITH DIFFERENT PERIODIC BACKUP METHODS. HAHAHA