Welcome to the RD thread!

This is a place for casual random chat and discussion.

A reminder for everyone to always follow the community rules and observe the Code of Conduct.

Mobile apps:

Quick tips:

Footnotes:

• Daily artwork is “Diaspora” by Antipas Delotavo
  • Report inappropriate comments and violators
  • Message the moderation team for any issues
    • eeeeyayyyy
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Susej makmafen d best tapos si Gandang Server nagbigay ng strawberry jam.🫠

• eeeeyayyyy
        link
        fedilink
        English
        211 months ago

Bakit di nila magawang ilagay sa main menu ang hash browns nila? :(

• @adaline@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    611 months ago

I think it’s weird how my ex would slip something “green” in our convo. Pasimple. Tagal ko rin inisip kung assuming lang ako, pero everytime na humahaba yung conversation, biglang may mga banters siyang dirty at double meaning. Tuyong-tuyo na ata ang koya niyo. :// Ewan, parang chronically virgin. Huuuy, anu daw?! 🤣

I’m trying to be respectful kaya nagrereply ako kasi I believe it was just a friendly convo but he’s gross so guess that’ll be the end of it.

• megane-kun
      link
      fedilink
      English
      311 months ago

Rather than trying to remember the details of this fascinating news story, I just looked it up and found this article from the Guardian:

US and Korean officials identified the soldier as Private 2nd Class Travis King, according to CBS News. King, 23, was being held in custody by South Korea at the airport in Incheon, near Seoul, and in the process of being expelled when he fled.

After passing through airport security, he unexpectedly joined a tour group to the Korean border village of Panmunjom, a popular tourist spot inside the 248km-long (154-mile) demilitarized zone, or DMZ.

A member of the tour later told CBS News that King, who was reported to be in civilian clothes, gave “out a loud ‘ha ha ha’ and just runs in between some buildings”.

I’m imagining someone who just snapped and went insane. But hmmm… Wait.

defecated to North Korea

Holy shit indeed. 🤣

I just hope they have good toilets over there in NK.

• akantha
    link
    fedilink
    English
    511 months ago

Spent 4 days without internet, turns out my cats may have pulled out the fiber cable just slightly out of place 🫠

• @monknonoke@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    511 months ago

Sometimes I hangout with my friends and I realize…ako na ata yung pinaka problem-free sa kanila. Ang dami nilang worries at ganap sa buhay tapos ako, ang chill ko lang. Ginagawa ko lang yung gusto ko.

For example nanood kami ng barbie. The question came up: if you were a barbie, what kind of barbie would you be? Sagot nila mga emotionally repressed, unavailable, undergoing an existential crisis barbies. What did I answer? Adventurous barbie! ⛵⛰️👧 My answer was not very on theme kaso anong sasagot ko 🤔 I feel fine and stable and adventurous.

Tapos yung diving group na sinalihan ko sabi nung coach mukhang mostly may mga inferiority complex daw kaya nahihirapan at natatakot mag descend into the ocean. People are very much not okay, in general. I found their reactions interesting for some reason.

Me? I like the deep blue now. Most of my thoughts are consumed by, ‘I wonder I’ll see at the bottom’ or ‘I want to see more’ it’s really calming until I start feeling the pressure around my ears, it hurts and di ko na kaya i-equalize. I am limited by technique and experience, but we’ll work on it. Hindi naman ako nag nosebleed and etc. But hey, dati hanggang snorkel lang ako ah! + in ability 😁

I appreciate physics so much more now lol. I don’t really care about how deep I can go, I just like it.

See? These days I really feel that I’ve been experiencing a kind of quietness and peacefulness in my mind that I’ve never imagined would happen. Parang ang bagal ng oras ko (in a good way) and I feel less perturbed. Even the tan lines on my face from the mask don’t bother me at all (it’s not very aesthetic).

Wala akong sunburn even tho I was out for long hours. I had fun.

• megane-kun
    link
    fedilink
    English
    511 months ago

Stress-eating for the past few days. Just ordered some ice cream on a not-so-hot day.

I was thinking of making some affogato, but ehh, I doubt that’d happen once I get my hands on some ice cream.

• megane-kun
        link
        fedilink
        English
        211 months ago

Yung kape na lang yung natira. Yung ice cream, nawalang parang bula. 🫢

• @Strange@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          311 months ago

Baka di ka na naman makatulog nyan. Hinay sa kape oy. Hahaha. May effect pa ba yun sayo lol

• megane-kun
            link
            fedilink
            English
            211 months ago

Nilagay ko na yung kape sa ref para iced coffee naman bukas. 😂

Hindi na ako nagkape kanina, nilunok ko na lang yung ice cream.

• megane-kun
                link
                fedilink
                English
                211 months ago

Nung una sana kasi half-gallon na vanilla ice cream sana balak kong bilihin, pang-affogato sana for the next few days. I call it affogato, but it’s just some strong barako coffee poured over ice cream.

Ayun, eh kaso nag-alangan ako. I ended up just having some DQ delivered, which was quickly consumed in less than fifteen minutes.

Was it worth it? I think so—I hope so.

• @omey@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    311 months ago

Kailangan ko na talaga ng pahinga. 3 days na kong nagtatrabaho nang may trangkaso. Buti dayoff bukas. Saka na yung labada. Hayy. Hirap maging responsableng adult.

Parang masarap kumain ng la paz batchoy bukas.

• s08nlql9
      link
      fedilink
      English
      211 months ago

thanks, meron na Oppenheimer pero Hindi version nga lang

• aceso2896
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Out of curiosity if it was back why would it use rarGB instead of the original rarBG? Sounds like a potential scam like site but I could be wrong.

Plus just looking at the search/filters almost 3/4 of them are gone as well.

Looking at some titles don’t even see the usual ones (not even the old Rarbg’s).

The site looks more and more like a clone of all the other websites but using the rarbg interface to try and get people to go to it.

• tahann
    link
    English
    211 months ago

May pinapanood akong reality TV show na may isang participant na nagsabing

“So much of my work is the brain and food is the heart. And I would love to have married the two.”

May background sya sa history at economics, at kung puro brain at walang heart ang ginagamit nya sa work nya, parang red flag na si gurl.

• the_yayaOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    211 months ago

Today’s Ask PHlemmy: What was widely considered ugly but is deemed attractive today?

• decadentrebelM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      611 months ago

When I was young, “ay bitin” was an insult hurled at anyone whose pants have a short inseam that it hangs above their footwear. Ngayon, cropped pants, capris, joggers, are fashion forward.

• megane-kun
      link
      fedilink
      English
      511 months ago

I’ve got no idea about beauty/fashion, but eyeglasses, I guess?

I used to be teased for having to wear them, but now, well… let’s just say I’ve had a run into someone who loves them too much. Also, fashion statement. Ended up having two (one that is more casual, and another one that is more formal).

Also, there seems to be a return of 90’s maximalist fashion. Like 90’s Jolina Magdangal Christmas Tree levels of maximalism.

• eeeeyayyyy
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    11 months ago

When you search Barbie movie on Google, the UI will turn into pink.

EDIT: Doesn’t work on Librewolf.

• AsunasPersonalAsst
      link
      fedilink
      English
      211 months ago

Doesn’t work sa mga naka force ang dark mode either (“://flags” sa browser settings or overwritten ng system theme)

• s08nlql9
    link
    fedilink
    English
    111 months ago

down ba ulit si world? balik muna ko kay ee