Check-In each day with your progress

or

Start each day with a list of the most important things you want to accomplish.

or

Both

(I’m going to start posting these on Sunday evenings.)

Next week’s post (Nov 27 thru Dec 3)

• @girl@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    27 months ago

Hello, just found this comm from /all and I like this, though I can’t commit to being consistent haha.

Yesterday I accomplished most of what I wanted to do. I did enough chores to make our apartment manageable (dishes, trash, and 1 load of laundry). I attended an online TTRPG with my family, we’re playing fallout via roll20.

I also wanted to read more but didn’t get to it, my mom and I are reading the Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires together but it is slow going; I work full time, she’s in school, and we’re both neurodivergent so we’re going at whatever pace we need. I’m halfway through chapter one lol.

This week I’m WFH because I caught Covid, so my goal is actually paying attention to my job during work hours lol. Last week when I was really sick but out of sick days, so I “WFH” but mostly just refreshed teams and listened to meetings while I played BG3. I’m hoping to also get one more load of laundry done today, then more BG3 (almost done with the gauntlet of Shar!)

• @ericjmorey
      cake
      OP
      link
      English
      17 months ago

Awesome! Glad you’re joining in! Stop back as often as it makes sense to you with an update on your thread. I’m trying to keep to once at the end of each day, but I forget here and there.

Hope you recover quickly from COVID-19.

• @ericjmorey
    cake
    OP
    link
    English
    17 months ago

I don’t typically do a lot on weekends as far as data analytics and this one was no exception. But today I needed rest. I went back to bed and slept till almost noon. So that leaves me with 3 days where I’ve made no progress. That doesn’t sit well, but i needed rest today.

Going to bed. I should be ready to get at it tomorrow.

• @ericjmorey
      cake
      OP
      link
      English
      edit-2
      7 months ago

I did work on the pandas exercises today but I was not able to complete one because I can’t figure out how to create a pandas series instead of a dataframe.

• @ericjmorey
        cake
        OP
        link
        English
        17 months ago

I figured out how to get the pandas series!

I’m going to try to work on the next topic tomorrow before holiday stuff kicks in

• @ericjmorey
          cake
          OP
          link
          English
          17 months ago

I forgot to check in yesterday, but between yesterday and today I did more reading of “Architecture of a Database System” and I read the next section of the Kaggle Pandas course.and I read up on the differences between Pandas and Pola.rs for columnar and tabular data.