• 0x4E4F@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

And there is nothing wrong with that… as long as people are happy.

• smeg@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I get your sentiment (that you don’t need to we wealthy to be happy), but most definitions of “poverty” aren’t just “not rich”, they’re more “unable to afford basic means”, which there is a lot wrong with!

• 0x4E4F@infosec.pub
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

Can agree with that. And that is a system (social) problem, it’s not a human conditioning problem.

My point was, being rich is not good either. Ask how many rich people are happy, I mean truly happy. I bet the bunch in the image is having a better time than any rich person will ever have.

• Franzia@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

That table will last a lifetime. That mug, hard to break. Their furniture is sparse, but carefully chosen. That value will keep a lifestyle from being expensive, and it will make rough times just as lavish as always.

• walter_wiggles@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

The lie is that if you just hustle a little bit more or for a little longer, then you’ll be able to get out of whatever hole you’re in. But really the system is set up like you said to make it a lifestyle.

• dangblingus@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

The Danes refer to it as “hygge” and the Norwegians refer to it as “köselig”. Get cozy. Tell your boss that you died. Binge some TNG. Preferably with your rabbit and tiger friends.