• MxM111@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

So, God creates a garden for Adam and Eve, where he purposely puts a tree with forbidden fruit. He also puts talking snek with full knowledge (omniscience, remember) what it will try to do. And when it happens, boom - cancer for children for generations. Such a benevolent creature this God personage. Even Omnibenevolent, I would say.

• fkn@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Omni benevolent of course! How else are you supposed to learn to be grateful without overcoming adversity… That you are forced into… So you don’t have freewill, but wait you must or else God is just a psychopath mutilating his toys…so really you see it’s your fault… I mean… A woman’s fault because men are superior beings because eve ate the apple God said not to but never clarified as to why not… So if you exercise your freewill you deserve punishment. Wait. Wait. Where are we? Oh right. It’s eves fault that you can’t use freewill so now your predestined moronic brain must feel pain because you are. Sinner.

This is sarcasm by the way. It case you thought I might be stupid enough to believe this garbage.

• FourPacketsOfPeanuts@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

If Adam can curse the whole human race without their involvement, why can’t Christ save the whole human race in the same way? Paul almost says as much in Romans…

18 Consequently, just as one sin (Adam’s) resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act (Jesus Christ’s) resulted in justification for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of [Adam] the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man [Jesus Christ] the many will be made righteous.