• ArugulaZ
    link
    fedilink
    36 months ago

After playing Forgotten Land, I can’t see this as anything but Kirby partially swallowing a car.

• @Coreidan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    36 months ago

Those covers will only fuck your clear coat up over time. Unless you’re planning on leaving it in long term storage you’re better off not using it

• jgrim of SublinksOPA
      link
      16 months ago

How so? It’s a super soft microfiber material. What does it do?

• @Coreidan@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        26 months ago

So over time the material starts absorbing dirt particles. Just from dust and what not in the air it’s impossible to stop dirt from eventually penetrating. Even if you’re washing the car every single time you’re eventually going to get some dirt in there.

The dirt in combination with the friction from the cover itself will slowly wear the clear coat away.

This is why it’s ok to use a cover for long term storage because you’re seldomly removing it. Where as taking the cover on and off all the time will do more damage than good.

Keep your car waxed. That’s all you need.

• jgrim of SublinksOPA
          link
          36 months ago

I only put it on when she goes into hibernation, so I take it off once a year. It’s not a daily thing. Thanks for the tip!

• @fuckwit_mcbumcrumble@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        26 months ago

I really regret not buying my dads old V8 4runner. The florida sun did a number to it’s paint, but 180k miles and it still ran like new despite doing the bare minimum service. God bless Toyota.

• jgrim of SublinksOPA
          link
          16 months ago

You could always repaint it. It’ll last a lifetime or two. I have a 2020. They stopped the V8s by then :(