Please welcome @lazyguru@discuss.online to the discuss.online admin team.

I’ve known lazyguru for over ten years. He’s a close friend. His skills are like mine. He will be able to help contribute to all projects of the discuss.online ecosystem.

lazyguru will help with moderation, system administration, monitoring, and development of new features. Joe has already improved some monitoring and is working on some changes to the infrastructure to make it more scalable. He will soon be helping with SocialCare.cloud once the first beta is released.

Please, take some time to welcome him!

Thanks, Jason

• @lazyguruMA
    link
    English
    311 months ago

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

• @whataboutshutup
    link
    011 months ago

Idk where to ask, so I drop a line there.

Can I get shadowbanned on Lemmy? Seems like my comments are invisible to other people on different instances even if I bait them (like criticizing the Sync client).

• @FightMilk
      link
      311 months ago

The real answer is that Lemmy has an issue currently where cross-posting comments to popular instances like lemmy.world doesn’t seem to work. The max retries is hit, the attempt to post it is abandoned, and the user isn’t notified. But confusingly, it’s still saved to your profile, because that part is stored on this instance, not where you commented.

Until they fix it (which the admin here said they’re working on), you should register an account on whatever popular instance you most visit, and use that account to comment.