Hello everyone,

Welcome to Bullet Journal Community! This was one of the topic I have been missing on lemmy, and while there is one bullet journal community already, it has no posts and no mods, so creating a new one here.

Feel free to ask any questions, or discuss anything related to bullet journaling. You are also more than welcome to share your spreads, as long as it’s not just aesthetics. Write what worked or didn’t work for this spread, or if it’s a new spread, what are you planning to use it for.

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      edit-2
      11 months ago

That would be great! Thanks!

• jgrim of SublinksA
    link
    English
    211 months ago

I’ve heard about this before but haven’t looked into it. I will read the book and see what it’s all about. I’m subscribing!

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      edit-2
      11 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm15cmYU0IM

This 4 minute video is a very good introduction to bullet journal, by Ryder Carroll himself. This gives you a run-down of the basic components of bujo, and can get you started.

The system itself is very extensible though, and people have made many variations according to their needs. Feel free to ask any questions if you need any help.

• jgrim of SublinksA
        link
        English
        211 months ago

I’ve been sharing this video with everyone. I haven’t started yet, but it’s got me excited. How long have you been doing this for?

• @dresdenOPM
          link
          English
          edit-2
          11 months ago

I have been using it for a few years. My journal has evolved many times, somethings I tried worked great, something didn’t. For instance, I haven’t been using future log for quite a while, but have been thinking about using Calendex, with some changes, now.

As I mentioned, the system is very extensible, you can modify it as per your needs, and there are many resources out there, with people sharing there own spreads. So, basically just start with the basics, and if you feel need for more (or less, or something different), just change or add those things.

• jgrim of SublinksA
            link
            English
            211 months ago

That’s what I plan to do. It seems like it’s using something like VIM. No one setup works for everyone. Start with basics and add “plugins” as you need them.

• @dresdenOPM
              link
              English
              211 months ago

Heh, this is exactly how it is.

• jgrim of SublinksA
        link
        English
        211 months ago

I love this. I have an empty journal. I’m going to start doing this!

• Ricardo
    link
    fedilink
    English
    211 months ago

excited to see this community here! been doing BuJo for a few months now and I love it!

• @dresdenOPM
      link
      English
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Welcome to the community. Feel free to ask any questions, or share any spreads that you find useful!