Hello everyone,

Following my last post here (https://feddit.de/post/8157862), I start the discussion about a laid-back community for Europeans on lemm.ee (it’s a large server, well managed, and with a European domain name).

The idea would be to have an alternative community to !europe@feddit.de, which seems to be quite focused on news and politics.

We can change most of the things in the future, but one thing will be set in stone: the name!

What do you think it should be? I’ll add a few suggestions in the comments, feel free to upvote and suggest your own if you have any!

• @BlazeOP
    link
    English
    edit-2
    5 months ago

europeans@lemm.ee

I like this one because it will be easier to distinguish from the existing Europe communities, and also put the emphasis on the people

• @albert180@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    85 months ago

I mean you could also post different things here. It wasn’t meant to be only News and Politics 😅

• @BlazeOP
      link
      English
      25 months ago

I do, as you may have noticed, I try to post maps and “light” content here every other day.

But the think is that I just want to take a break of news, and !europe@feddit.de is going to have them, of course, that makes sense!

Hence the proposition of this new community

• @CAVOK@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        45 months ago

I can post some light content too. I’m not sure dividing the community is the best, as lemmy is quite small already and I think anything europe should fit here, but if you create something I’ll probably be there too. Unlikely that I’ll post too two different communities with similar content though.

• @BlazeOP
          link
          English
          25 months ago

Thank you, always good to have active posters interested in a new community!

• @albert180@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        5 months ago

Yes, that’s a good point. Reading too much news can make you really miserable some days.

• Riddick3001
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Seems @Alberto180 doesn’t mind to have lighter content posting here. I think that the question is whether people would like it to be intertwined, or keep like a focus for political discussion here… Also don’t know how that works a critical minimum of users for a Cty to take off, but maybe you can have them as part of the" same whole" too;like part of Europe.de and viceversa…

@Blaze I think a separate one called Yurup for memes/ Yt and occasional bla bla, would be nice.

ADD: we could have a a poll? proposal:

1. keep it here
      2. separate
      3. if separate (but maybe together) is an option what name?
      • @BlazeOP
        link
        English
        25 months ago

ADD: we could have a a poll? proposal:

keep it here
        separate
        if separate (but maybe together) is an option what name?

I don’t really see the need for a poll, I’m going to create it anyway, if it fails, it fails, but it’s not like !europe is lacking content at the moment with the amount of posts people create here everyday (which makes sense, it’s the 6th most active community of Lemmy after all: https://lemmyverse.net/communities?order=active)

• Riddick3001
          link
          fedilink
          English
          edit-2
          5 months ago

I’m going to create it anyway,

Allright, didn’t catch that bit. So then no need for a poll like you said. I thought you were discussing this option. So keep us posted indeed.

• @BlazeOP
            link
            English
            15 months ago

The poll is for the name!

• @BlazeOP
        link
        English
        25 months ago

lso don’t know how that works a critical minimum of users for a Cty to take off

Don’t worry, I’ll promote it everywhere, and I think with the number of subscribers !europe@feddit.de has, we should be able to gain a nice amount of people quite fast