• AutoTL;DRB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    18 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

The head of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards has said the country is not afraid of war with the US, as the Pentagon weighs how directly to respond to the killing of three US military personnel in a drone attack in Jordan.

The UK defence secretary, Grant Shapps, has flown to Washington for talks about the crisis, including the possible deployment of a British aircraft carrier to the Red Sea to act as a substitute for the USS Dwight D Eisenhower, which is due to end its tour of duty at an as yet unspecified point.

John Kirby, the White House’s national security spokesperson, said the US had still not identified the specific group that attacked the US base, but believed the militants had Iranian backing.

Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi group said on Wednesday it would keep up attacks on US and British warships in the Red Sea in what it called acts of self-defence, stoking fears of long-term disruptions to world trade.

Ameen Hayyan, the group’s military spokesperson, said Houthi forces had fired at USS Gravely late on Tuesday, adding: “All American and British warships in the Red [Sea] … will be targeted within the legitimate defence of our country.”

Cameron’s talks focus on the work Arab officials have been doing with the Palestinian Authority on how it can be revitalised after the war and take administrative charge of Gaza and the West Bank.

The original article contains 983 words, the summary contains 233 words. Saved 76%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• Philo
    link
    edit-2
    8 months ago

Removed by mod