Hello everyone,

Just wanted to post this announcement as I’ve seen a few people in an !actual_discussion@lemmy.ca (the more serious pendant to !casualconversation@lemmy.world ) complaining about the lack of filtering features for their feed.

It is now possible in your accounts settings, last tab, which shows users, communities and instances you block.

Hopefully that can be helpful to some people.

• @muntedcrocodile@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    63 months ago

Good to know giving more of the blocking power to individuals instead of instance owners is good imo. Only issue is when someone inevitable starts distributing blocklists we start raisijg all sorts of questions about who what why etc that might be very difficult to solve

• @BlazeOP
      link
      English
      53 months ago

I think that blocklist will stay very user-dependent, except for obvious spam instances which should be blocked at the instance level. But we’ll see how it goes.

• @spujb@lemmy.cafe
    link
    fedilink
    English
    43 months ago

i am 👌 this close to blocking lemmy.world moderation has gotten atrocious on here

• @Lifecoach5000@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      73 months ago

I’m surprised if anyone can successfully moderate a large lemmy community at all, considering there are no tools in place to provide notifications for reports - through email or other means.

• @BlazeOP
      link
      English
      13 months ago

Any example of badly moderated communities? Asking because I didn’t notice anything special.

• @BlazeOP
          link
          English
          23 months ago

True, forgot about that (luckily I woke up after it happened)

• @spujb@lemmy.cafe
        link
        fedilink
        English
        23 months ago

primarily noticed this in news@lemmy.world but its a lot of the other communities too.

there were a couple of outright violent misogyny/transphobia comments that were up for nearly a day and got dozens of upvotes before being deleted.

• @BlazeOP
          link
          English
          13 months ago

Sad to hear. I don’t read news community, that’s why I didn’t see it

• @nutsack@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    23 months ago

I would like to block image posts. posts which are links to images. I do not want to see them here or there or anywhere. I will not have them in a tree with a chicken. or on the floor with my ass. please stop it.

• Troy
      link
      fedilink
      English
      13 months ago

If you’re using a web browser, just add the image host domains to your Adblock or ublock origin Blacklist.

• @nutsack@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        13 months ago

that trick works with Reddit, and there’s a domain filter in Sync, but let me there are no special domains for hosting images

• Troy
          link
          fedilink
          English
          23 months ago

I think “/pictrs/” is in the path for the image hosting. That might be rule-friendly.

• Troy
      link
      fedilink
      English
      43 months ago

Check if your instance is running 0.19 (scroll to bottom)

• @BlazeOP
      link
      English
      13 months ago

Your instance is still in 18.5