The Justice Department on Friday asked a federal judge overseeing the criminal case against former President Donald Trump in Washington to step in after he released a post online that appeared to p…

• @RGB3x3@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      1311 months ago

The sweet revenge for when they were chanting “lock her up” about Hillary who WAS NOT INDICTED ON THREE SEPARATE CASES like this clown.

• Neato
    link
    fedilink
    8811 months ago

Well this violates 18 U.S. Code § 115.

(B)threatens to assault, kidnap, or murder, a United States official, a United States judge, a Federal law enforcement officer, or an official whose killing would be a crime under such section,

with intent to impede, intimidate, or interfere with such official, judge, or law enforcement officer while engaged in the performance of official duties, or with intent to retaliate against such official, judge, or law enforcement officer on account of the performance of official duties, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

(4)A threat made in violation of this section shall be punished by a fine under this title or imprisonment for a term of not more than 10 years, or both, except that imprisonment for a threatened assault shall not exceed 6 years.

Like, that’s textbook. Also if this threat is taken seriously by other members in the trial, this could easily extend into witness tampering, jury intimidation.

• stopthatgirl7OP
      link
      fedilink
      9911 months ago

That’s what would happen to pretty much anyone else. But we all know the rules never apply like they should to him.

• @SamsonSeinfelder@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        3611 months ago

He is always Testing how far he can go and so far has never gotten shown consequences. He will never learn if he is not feeling any pushback.

• theodewere
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          11 months ago

right he’s going to try to flaunt absolutely every rule he can… if he can think of a way to thumb his nose at a law or rule, he’s already started the tweet before the thought is finished…

• @Default_Defect@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    6211 months ago

I hope SO MUCH that Trump’s trial has an equivalent to Alex Jones’ “your lawyer sent me a copy of your entire cell phone” moment, where we get to see him shit his pants in real time.

• Hextic
          link
          fedilink
          011 months ago

Disagree. This “man” seeks to rule over us he doesn’t get common decency of any kind.

That goes for every single politician, CEO, manager, boss, cop, etc. You want the job then get fucking roasted. Your job as this so called authority figure is to take it on the chin and be better than us to a point we don’t feel the need to roast you over petty shit.

The problem with this world is we don’t bully authority enough.

• Ertebolle
    link
    fedilink
    2511 months ago

To clarify, this isn’t actually specifically about today’s threat - the lawyers have been jockeying for a few days about the conditions under which the government will produce discovery, and this order is mostly an attempt to speed up that process rather than let Trump’s people dither and delay. The business today just adds a bit of extra urgency to getting the trial done quickly.

• @twistypencil@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    811 months ago

I hope that jack Smith had this as part of his strategic plan and knew this was coming. I really want to believe that he actually does have 9 dimensional chess abilities like the media has been reporting, but the media…

• morgan423
    link
    fedilink
    511 months ago

This guy. I swear that after he’s passed on, and they’re lowering him into the ground, he’ll somehow, some way, still be commiting felonies from inside the casket.

• stopthatgirl7OP
      link
      fedilink
      1211 months ago

The news will always say “alleged” or “appearing” in order to avoid potential libel lawsuits.

• @twistypencil@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    211 months ago

This came from crew on the apprentice, plenty of stories from different people, but sure maybe that was an old phase in his life, or they were lying… But I have to say that the bad debates with him really struck me as that guy is on drugs, and that was before I heard about his Sudafed abuse