• Several Chinese citizens denied entry on July 29, embassy says
  • Embassy demands that Russia provide ‘satisfactory answer’

China’s embassy in Moscow blasted what it called a “brutal” handling by Russian authorities of a denial of entry to the country by several Chinese citizens.

“Russia’s brutal and excessive law-enforcement activities in this incident have seriously violated the legitimate rights and interests of the Chinese citizens,” the embassy said in a post Friday on WeChat, the popular Chinese social-media outlet.

• @whataboutshutupOP
      link
      English
      511 months ago

The tension is forming,

While Winnie sees his brown bro underperforming.

• @Sendbeer@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    611 months ago

Denying Chinese citizens entry into Russia is “brutal” and “excessive” but bombing schools and hospitals is OK. Just China things.

• Nioxic
      link
      fedilink
      English
      311 months ago

China is a selfish country for the most part

• @whataboutshutupOP
        link
        English
        111 months ago

If they let someone out, they’ve meant that!

• diprount_tomato
      link
      fedilink
      English
      111 months ago

“that’s just barbarian things”

“WHAT??? THEY DIDN’T LET US IN???”

• @lasagna@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        English
        311 months ago

A country without an economy to backup its war goals will always be weak. I couldn’t dream to know what China hopes to achieve by playing both sides. I’m guessing they have multiple goals. Goals such as the feasibility of a Taiwan invasion or perhaps to pick at the corpse of a rotting Russia.

• @whataboutshutupOP
          link
          English
          211 months ago

It’s all possible, but I feel like Russia’s actions and results aren’t what they liked. They themselves has a monicker ‘paper tiger’, and their ally being disabled by their own corruption sets a ground to question if China even a power to respect on the world stage. A second-hand humiliation, and I don’t think it can be outweighted by spoils they can get from Russia now. China seems to care about these things.

• @lasagna@programming.dev
            link
            fedilink
            English
            edit-2
            11 months ago

That’s a very good point. Second-hand embarrassment hadn’t crossed my mind. Perhaps they might be trying to decrease that risk by pretending to be arbiters. Though indeed that can only be propaganda for their own citizens and closest allies because nobody else is buying that bs. But nothing new there.