Need moderators

Hello all!

I’ve created several communities here on discuss.online to help seed the content for growth.

I’m looking for mods to help water them! Gardening analogies are starting to grow on me.

Please DM me if you are interested.

Lemmy isn’t known to have the best moderation tools. I have a somewhat useful way to moderate through Grafana. I’ll provide dashboards and the ability to create alerts for you.

Community list

Here is the list of communities I’m looking for moderators for:

Please reach out even if you are slightly interested.

For communities already with mods more can be added. Please, reach out to the listed mod to apply.

Create your own!

I have community creation open. Feel free to create and moderate a different community.

Did you know:

It’s possible to create blogs on Lemmy.

1. Create a new community.
  2. Check “Only moderators can post to this community.”

This will allow you to create your blog posts while allowing others to comment.

Thanks, Jason

• @infinitevalence
    link
    English
    210 months ago

You can add me to neruo. So far my mod cue has been empty so I can take another one on.

• @biffnix
    link
    English
    210 months ago

I’d love to help moderate /c/Photography, as it’s a lifelong hobby of mine. Let me know what you need, and I’ll start curating content and guiding discussion topics. Cheers.

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
      link
      110 months ago

Sorry for the delay. I’ve been traveling. You’ve been added! Thanks a lot for your help! Excited to have your help there.

• @biffnix
        link
        English
        210 months ago

No worries. Happy to help. I’ll post up something later for feedback on what participants are looking for.

Cheers,

Joe

• SCRIPTɅ
    link
    111 months ago

I noticed that there is no community for onironauts. Iwish to create it since i’m skilled and passionate about it. But when I click the “create” button nothing happens. No error messages appear, the button just spins for a fraction of a second leaving everything as is. Can someone help me?

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
      link
      211 months ago

There is a bug in Lemmy that titles and codes can only be 20 characters. When you try to create the community, if it’s too long or doesn’t pass validation, it just errors without a message. It’s known and being worked on.

I can check the logs to see if I see anything specific. I would imagine it’s related to formatting or length.