I have compiled various works on smell, fragrance, and perfumery for anyone seeking more in-depth information on the matter. The following are links to titles themselves or podcast episodes from the New Books Network wherein a host interviews the author of a new book whose topic relates to fragrance or scent.

Books

Internet Archive

This search pulls up works freely available on the Internet Archive with the subject “Perfume”. To read many of the listed books, you need to have an account on the Internet Archive to check them out from the digital library. It is free to register! I would highly recommend making an account since it’ll allow you access to so much free multimedia.

Other Sources

Academic Works

Aroma is one of the diagnostic aspects of rice quality that can determine acceptance or rejection of rice before it is tested. It is also considered as an important property of rice that indicates its preferable high quality and price in the market. An assessment of all known data reveals that more than 450 chemical compounds have been documented in various aromatic and non-aromatic rice cultivars. The primary goals were to identify the compounds responsible for the characteristics and rice aroma. Many attempts were made to search for key compounds for rice aroma, but no single compound or group of compounds could be reported that are fully responsible for rice aroma.

Multimedia Materials

Here are some results from the George Mason University Open Educational Resource Metafinder on perfume and fragrance, which will bring up multimedia on the searched topic, including photos of antique bottles, vintage ads, articles, and more. The metafinder searches from various archives, including the Digital Public Library of America, the Library of Congress (of the U.S.), and JSTOR, for materials mentioning the search term(s) in their metadata (e.g., titles, content, or tags).

Podcast (on Books)

I have found that the New Books Network podcast has a great range of episodes related to sense of smell, fragrance, spices, and other scented items, going beyond the human species’ experiences of this sense. As far as the format, the episode host simply interviews the author of a new book on its subject matter.

Below are the episodes I found just by searching the network’s site for “fragrance” and “perfume”. The types of books below range from monographs to biographies to literature. The pages linked below include a description of the book’s subject, information on the author and host, and an embedded audio player with the episode so you can listen from the web page.

Science

Biographies (of celebrities who had fragrance lines)

History

Literature