• @primalanimist@lemmy.today
    link
    fedilink
    1811 months ago

I’ve been using Pixelfed for a few months now and it’s super refreshing right now. Lots of interesting content without constant “influencers” promoting stuff or people trying to sell you things.

• SamSpudd
      link
      fedilink
      English
      911 months ago

Same here, though an overwhelming amount of bird pictures I find lol

link
        fedilink
        411 months ago

My posts are 99% my dog Loki and various plants and fungi that live on my property. So birds would be a step up from what I offer lol.

• Broccoli
      link
      fedilink
      111 months ago

Couldn’t find an android app. Is there one, or is my country not supported?

link
        fedilink
        111 months ago

When I first visited the site on my android, it installed a Pixelfed app for me, just like it did for kbin. This might be something to do with me using the Chrome browser though? I can’t say, I’m not super tech. But I’ve been using that just like an app.

• @nbailey@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1111 months ago

Absolutely love Pixelfed. It really captures the vibe Instagram had in 2012 before FB ruined it.

• ReallyKinda
    link
    fedilink
    711 months ago

Sounds great! Unfortunately insta is the only site I’ve kept to keep up with irl friends and family and I use it almost exclusively for that purpose (I don’t browse strangers’ posts) so it’s a much harder shift than Reddit —> kbin

• Varen
    link
    fedilink
    511 months ago

Didn‘t knew that exists, awesome. Checking it out for sure :)

• @DetachablePianist@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    511 months ago

I got far enough on pixelfed.social to confirm my email address, now I just get a blank blue screen. Not an encouraging first impression. Perhaps I tried to join during a media-caused mad rush or something?

• BadyOP
      link
      fedilink
      211 months ago

Perhaps, but pixelfed.social is said to be fine with the traffic as mentioned here. Did you try after some time? Were you able to get past it?

• @DetachablePianist@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        111 months ago

Problem seems to be the main site page doesn’t work on modern iOS, at least not with Lockdown Mode enabled. It loads fine on desktop, but not in any popular iOS browsers (all browser use the same underlying WebKit rendering tools from Apple anyway). That’s a bummer

• Eggyhead
    link
    fedilink
    411 months ago

I migrated a bunch of my Instagram to a Pixelfed account about a week ago. I like the built in editor in Instagram, so if anyone can suggest a similar alternative, I’d appreciate it.

• thehellboy
    link
    fedilink
    011 months ago

@bady wired is paid… Did anyone read everything without being bored by the paywall?