• EthanolParty
    link
    fedilink
    English
    421 year ago

I wish I could say I had principles, but frankly I’m just here out of a combination of spite and the fact that I genuinely hate the official Reddit app too much to ever use it.

• @yippy@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    91 year ago

I’ll admit that I still go on reddit for my custom multi-subreddits. I try to use lemmy as much as I can but until they implement some sort of custom-multi community function I can’t entirely switch over. Lemmy is simply too fragmented between instances. Lemmy would benefit tremendously if we could group communities into custom multi-threads instead of having to visit each community on several instances. I do keep mobile browsing to liftoff for lemmy though.

• @yippy@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        11 year ago

I’m sure it’s a feature that’s already been suggested so it’s only a matter of time. I know I already suggested it on my instance feedback thread.

• @MiddleWeigh@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    51 year ago

I never thought I was a super principled person, turns out I am, infact, very opinionated. Dear me, what will I ever do?

• @Yetidpm@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    51 year ago

Guys, this is gonna sound super stupid, but I’ve just started using Memmy. I’m a bit confused and wondering if someone could help me out. So subreddits would translate into communities? I’ve tried finding a lot of communities but couldn’t find them, like subreddits, do you guys wait for them to be created or something? Is lemmy a new thing? I’ve been trying to find something other than Reddit as I’m an Apollo user and well, imma have to use something else!

• @fiah@discuss.tchncs.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      71 year ago

yeah subreddits = communities mostly works, but there are also multiple instances of those communities. For example, there’s !gaming@lemmy.ml but also !gaming@beehaw.org and probably a bunch more. They’re separate communities, hosted on separate instances with separate moderators. If you’re interested in “gaming” content, you’ll probably want to subscribe to both, and that’s easy

• @supper_time@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    21 year ago

What’s happening on Reddit now? Anyone know? I haven’t been back there for weeks at this point. I’m quite enjoying Lemmy as a replacement thus far, though it will take a while for it to replicate what was Reddit.

• @sarin_sunshine@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      11 year ago

It’s pretty awful, honestly. I was disappointed that so many communities seem to be active, but the majority of large subs are still closed. It seems like 90% of the front page material now is stuff like AITAH and Whitepeopletwitter (basically lowest common denominator trash). Anything of substance is basically gone. Which makes me happy, honestly.

I check in a couple of times a day to look in my vinyl subs for deals and new releases, but that’s the only thing it’s good for now.