The Sublinks team has written up a little survey, which we feel is both thorough and inclusive. It covers a wide range of topics, such as user privacy, and community engagement, along with trying to gauge things that are difficult when moderating.

Also please be aware the information collected by this survey is completely anonymous. As many of us in the social sciences background know, if you want the REAL feelings of individuals, they need to feel safe to express themselves.

👉Moderation Survey HERE👈

Please feel free to comment in this thread, we will do our best to respond to any genuine questions.

We look forward to hearing from each and every one of you!

Sincerely, The Sublinks Team

• Chris Remington
    link
    fedilink
    English
    61 month ago

Thank you all for putting this together. We’ve shared this on our Beehaw Discord moderator channel.

• @ericjmorey
    link
    English
    41 month ago

Do you expect the incorporation of the feedback collected to delay the release of Sublinks v1.0?

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
      link
      English
      81 month ago

No, it will help our development be more focused on the highest-impact items. It should allow for a more organized and targeted release timeline.

• @ericjmorey
        link
        English
        21 month ago

Do you expect to use the feedback mostly to guide post v1.0 development?

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
          link
          English
          71 month ago

Mostly the v0.2 release which has a major focus on moderation enhancements. Some things might be delayed, removed, or added to releases due to the feedback.

• eatham 🇭🇲
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Anonymous, but it also asks for which communities I moderate.

Also I filled it out please add mass deleting posts

• @KevonLooney@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      31 month ago

I just checked it out. The “communities” question is a text box, so you can just write “n/a” if you want and it will be accepted.

I don’t know why you’d want them to not know what your particular community needs though. You have to work with the people that are providing the tools so you can get the best ones.

• eatham 🇭🇲
        link
        fedilink
        English
        31 month ago

I have no issues with it not being anonymous, just that they said it was. I filled in the form including what I moderate.

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
      link
      English
      31 month ago

Yeah, that’s a good callout. Thanks, we’re working on redoing reporting and have a more traditional table/grid like layout for mulit-select.

cc: @kenvald@discuss.online