Let’s have a two-week contest for a new community banner!

The current banner on this community is a photo I took. I want to open it up to community members to submit a photo. You can put your logo in the corner or a link to your site.

You can vote to keep the current one; however, I’d love to rotate the community one monthly with a monthly contest.

Submit your photos to this thread. The photo with the most votes will be made the banner.

The content ends at the end of this month. The winner will be made the banner for September. Mid-September, we’ll start the contest for October, etc.

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
      link
      29 months ago

Since we have a tie, I’ll keep choice one for two weeks and then choice two for two weeks. We’ll split the month!

• @kenvald
        link
        English
        29 months ago

Good idea! :)

• @biffnixM
        link
        English
        29 months ago

Hey, just saw this. Thank you, and good idea. And congratulations to kenvald on their cool photo, too.

• @biffnixM
    link
    English
    210 months ago

I can’t seem to upload this particular image. Not sure why, since it’s within the limits of photo uploads, but anywhere, here’s the imgur link to the image:

Parker Lake, 8/14/2023. Sunrise over the lake, a bit blustery…

https://imgur.com/gallery/TduA2nO

• @biffnixM
        link
        English
        210 months ago

Nope - can’t upload via Memmy on iOS or from my MBpro via Firefox.

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
          link
          210 months ago

I’ll look more in to it later to see if I can debut the service. I have your image to try myself. I’ll let you know when I get it working.

• @kenvald
    link
    English
    edit-2
    10 months ago

This sounds fun! I don’t really have a great camera but maybe I can find something from a past trip.

Also, I believe you mixed up the months at the end of the post?

• @kenvald
      link
      English
      210 months ago

My submission of the Grand Canyon. I can share a cropped square if you need it. Picture of the Grand Canyon

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
      link
      210 months ago

You are correct! I fixed it. I made the original post quickly on mobile. I rarely proofread. Thanks!

• @favrion
    link
    110 months ago

I have some of my better pictures below. Feel free to carve out a narrow strip that beckons to you and use it as my submission.

• @favrion
    link
    110 months ago

Where is the banner? I don’t see it on Jerboa.

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
      link
      210 months ago

Maybe the app doesn’t show it. That’s unfortunate.

Try looking at it on the web when you get a chance.

Here is a preview on mobile web.

• @favrion
        link
        110 months ago

What do the dimensions have to be?

• jgrim of SublinksOPMA
          link
          110 months ago

On the web, the banner height is 240, with a max width of about 1330 and minimum width of about 200. It’s not the easiest to plan for.

Mobile apps could be different.