It seems as though they’re trying to fix things, which is good.

• @CeeBee@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    1311 months ago

All they’re trying to fix is their image and protect their revenue stream.

There’s a reason there’ve been jokes comparing this video to the BP apology video. It’s because it’s hollow. This video is monetized, and on such a serious topic they’re still making jokes. They just can’t help themselves.

• 𝒍𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒏
    link
    fedilink
    1211 months ago

This week’s WAN show might be a little different… Nice to see the new CEO and Yvonne make an appearance though.

Hopefully the company can change for the better

• @chris@l.roofo.cc
      link
      fedilink
      1411 months ago

I don’t think there will be one. They said they put video production completely on hold for a week.

• @unscholarly_source@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    911 months ago

They don’t owe us this at all, but I would love to see more details regarding their policy improvement plans for HR and Finances. HR being under colton (amongst a number of other responsibilities he’s running) seems odd, and might lead to oversight.

Again, this is internal to the company and it doesn’t owe us that transparency (as we’re not stakeholders).

• @EndHD@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    311 months ago

can someone explain Luke’s joke? i get the 69 part but what does it mean to say your goal is six nines? is that a phrase?

• @Sloogs@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Refers to system uptime in the IT world. Six nines means your goal is to guarantee that your systems are up and available 99.9999% of the year. So basically no outages for more than ~31 seconds in a year.

• @EndHD@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        211 months ago

thank you! i remember having to learn that for the Microsoft propaganda known as AZ900, but I pushed that all out as soon as i learned i didn’t need to do it anymore

• @cryomancer20x6@lemmy.sdf.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      911 months ago

Gamer’s Nexus released this video that heavily criticized LMG as a whole with very valid points, up to and including potential sales (or as LMG put it just an auction) of the physical cooler from a sponsor, among fraudulent results from the labs.

• DarkThoughts
        link
        fedilink
        3211 months ago

It gets worse, much worse even:

I was asked about my sexual history, my boyfriends sexual history, “how I liked to fuck”.

I was told that certain issues were “sexual tension” and I should just “take the co-worker out on a coffee date to ease it out”
        I was asked to twerk for a co-worker at one point.

I was told I was chunky, fat, ugly, stupid.
        I was called “retarded” I was called a “faggot”

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1691693740254228741.html

It’s not just complete incompetency, not even “just” toxicity, but straight up abuse and sexual harassment.

• Vaggumon
          link
          fedilink
          -411 months ago

I’m not saying she’s not telling the truth, but did she provide any form of proof for her claims?

• @snor10@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            1711 months ago

What proof could she possibly bring?

A hidden camera? If I call you a faggot in private, what proof can you wield against me except reputation and previous conduct?

A history of shady/unethical behavior compounds on the scale to make me err on the side of her tweets being truthful.

• DarkThoughts
            link
            fedilink
            811 months ago

With you simping for Linus in the other thread I’m having a really hard time taking you seriously.

• Polar
              link
              fedilink
              -211 months ago

Asking for any kind of evidence. Eye witnesses. Anything, to a serious claim, is the smart thing.

Why are you being hostile because someone isn’t believing something someone brought up?

Not to mention it’s scummy she said she was under NDA but just totally realized today she’s not. How perfect!

• DarkThoughts
                link
                fedilink
                311 months ago

How is that scummy? They very obviously hire young and impressionable people without much work experience for the purpose of using abusive tactics. This isn’t even just her case, as they admitted it during their own video. They literally told you they were already abusive, but you end up giving them the benefit of the doubt? I’m sorry, but that is nothing but hypocrisy.

• Footnote2669
                link
                fedilink
                edit-2
                11 months ago

Imagine asking for proof of such claims. They should just close the company down cos one person said something. /s

Idk if Madison is lying or not but we can’t just take her word for it

• Polar
                  link
                  fedilink
                  011 months ago

Exactly. Like I said a million times (which are HEAVILY downvoted), we need to wait for both sides.

Let the investigation take place and wait for the results.

Then be mad at the correct person.

• BrikoX
        link
        fedilink
        English
        1511 months ago

Actually the “sale” came from Linus. GN called it auction in their video.

• @MyFeetOwnMySoul@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          411 months ago

I may be mistaken, but I believe GN did refer to it as being a sale later in the video, calling back to the part where they stated the facts of the matter.

That said, an auction is a type of sale, so this distinction is utterly meaningless.