There’s a new gunslinger in town and he goes by Ruppernutter on thingiverse. This remix uses some of the original hardware and none of the prints. It can fire Mega XL at 55 fps average

• @BuilderBBOP
      link
      English
      21 year ago

The rotation of the YEHW is gone if that’s what you think is a bad design. Since it’s a front loaded single shot it does seem to be more like HYPR in that aspect. Elastic might work for elite caliber, but Mega XL needs more power like K25 spring. Also it needs the 2" wide plunger tube volume of the YEHW to get that Mega XL going.

• @weirdo_from_space@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        11 year ago

YEHW just looks painful to prime (with a very strong looking spring), however it had the same performance numbers as Hammershot.

I don’t know why it’s like that though. I can’t get my hands on one, nor am I knowledgeable about blaster design to have a better understanding of it’s mechanical flaws. I just remember remember seeing a Reddit post where the OP said they got better performance with better air seal, so it might be suffering from poor air seal, I don’t know if that is related to rotation mechanism.

• @Flypetheus
          cake
          link
          English
          11 year ago

You’re not wrong, the prime is uncomfortable and it has really bad seal issues or…something, lol. At this point you can’t really source the hardware anymore I don’t think.

• Ali
              link
              English
              11 year ago

So far, very few DZ high performance blasters have launched without some issues. There will always be a place for community blasters once the retail blasters dry up, or if someone just wants to mod the platform.

• @Flypetheus
                cake
                link
                English
                edit-2
                1 year ago

Well the yehw is effectively dead, so unless you’re sourcing your own hardware (something you’re probably not that likely to do if you were considering buying a stock blaster) you’re not gonna find an outlaw alternative imo. Plus, the yehw isn’t even “pro” level performance. Barely even elite standard with the heavy spring. The outlaw is about to be the only widely available over 100fps short dart exclusive hammer prime revolver pistol, even if it barely works on launch it will be a success imo. And not like, figuratively a success, I just mean financially.

• Ali
                  link
                  English
                  11 year ago

It’ll be the more accessible option for now, but that changes very quickly. Not too long ago, the Farshot was the most amazing thing since sliced bread, and the Rainbow pistol was outdated. Fast forward a few years and I can still make a Rainbow pistol, whereas the Farshots, their ammo, and their upgrade springs are already forgotten.

Long-term, the community blasters (with the ability to modify files for variable hardware) are going to outlast any retail product.