I’m excited. SO I HAVE TO SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS.

Landing as I do at the boundary of millenial and Gen Z… I’ve never been so impressed by the internet as I have stumbling across the Fediverse at this late stage.

Okay. I’m done. Time to subscribe to some communities… or start some if I can’t find equivalents to my favorites!

• @mapikiOP
      link
      English
      21 year ago

I missed that :( although many friends talk about it.

• Striker7
    link
    fedilink
    English
    31 year ago

I, too, am new and have no idea what I’m doing.

• @mapikiOP
      link
      English
      31 year ago

Thanks - it’s easier behind a screen. Am I going to go off the deep end if I try to start a community all about rabbits? Reddit was my favorite place to share rabbit photos with the knowledge that I wasn’t forcing them on anyone.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
        link
        English
        41 year ago

I think you should make that community about rabbits. And if some of them happen to have pancakes on their heads… well that’s alright by me.

• @mapikiOP
          link
          English
          11 year ago

! rabbits@lemmy.world

Next time I make pancakes… she’ll get one on her head.

• jgrim of SublinksMA
            link
            English
            21 year ago

Thanks, awesome; I’ll join. I like bunnies… especially with pancakes on their heads.

• BEEKAYRANDEE
        link
        fedilink
        English
        31 year ago

You can absolutely start a community about rabbits. I don’t think that would count as “going off the deep end” at all. I think Reddit having its large, singular community for certain things ended up dissuading a lot of people from making communities based around things they enjoy.

The vibe I’ve been getting while here is that things are a lot more open. You can create a community that already exists, even with the same name, the only caveat being they cannot be located on the same instance. While I can see that possibly leading to a bit of fragmenting of some communities, It’ll let people create their own little pocket of the internet and have it exactly how they want it.

Either way, you should absolutely 100% make that community!

• @mapikiOP
        link
        English
        11 year ago

Nevermind. i think I found it. This does take more work.

• @RetroLady
    link
    English
    211 months ago

Hello! I’m so glad someone mentioned Lemmy on Reddit, so here I am! I like what I see. I just want a place to vote for posts I enjoy and engage with others. See ya around!

• Philo
    link
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Removed by mod