Heya! I was looking into getting PCB’s made for an FDL-3 I would like to build from scratch, as I really do not trust myself to make boards that small. I’ve looked into PCBway, and after some fiddling, generated gerber .zips from the .brd files. However, the other information for the boards like the layer count, thickness, etc. has me confused, and I was curious if anyone else has looked into making these PCBs, or just making PCB’s in general.

• @torukmakto4
    link
    English
    21 year ago

Layer count is probably 2, view the gerbers.

Thickness is noncritical here and mainly depends on any clips, etc. in the blaster parts (which can be changed). Default is fine, likely.

They are probably all fine with 1oz copper.

By the way, I would recommend JLCPCB. They have been the fastest and cheapest I have used unless something changed as of very late, though I have no experience with PCBWay.

• @horusrogueM
    link
    English
    11 year ago

@torukmakto4 would have some experience with this, not sure how to tag them on here.

• @muffinlynx
    link
    English
    11 year ago

Throw the gerbers into an online viewer and you’ll be able to figure out layer count, dimensions, and some other info. For board thickness, that’ll more depend on what the fab is willing to do if it’s >2 layers, as well as what the space allotment in the blaster files themselves is. Thicker should be better unless otherwise limited.