Hey! I looked around a bit and the last thread like this I found was several months ago, so I thought I’d make a new one. As per the title, what game do you play on your phone? I’m both looking for new ones myself by also hope others might find some of interest to them.

For my own part of this I mostly like puzzle games, especially these:

Hook, Klocki, NABOKI etc. from Rainbow Trains games

Monument Valley games from ustwo games

The Room series from Fireproof games

I Love Hue duology from Zut!

And all the games from Legenbeary games (very addicted to Wordathlon, currently at level 3253)

(all playstore links)

Would love recommendations of any lesser-known similar ones! But post anything you like of course. :)

Hope anyone finds something they like from my list above or recommend by others in comments (if there are any, heh).

Cheers!

• @aleph@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      930 days ago

And completely free of ads, microtransactions, and locked content of any description.

• @MuscarOP
      link
      English
      230 days ago

Yeah! Played that a lot a couple of years ago, and some of the variations. Ever tried Caves (roguelike)? Similar in a lot of ways but I like the design more.

• Track_Shovel
        link
        fedilink
        English
        130 days ago

I was trying to send you down a rabbit hole and you just pulled the ‘no u’ card.

Thanks

• @nexussapphire@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    830 days ago

Maybe I’m weird but I don’t. I miss those days of genuine well crafted smartphone games you bought once and played.

I bought the games I played but I guess a few bucks was too much for most people. It’s just not worth shoveling through garbage to find a few gems when I could spend my time doing anything else. My iPod touch was my DS back in the day.

• 🇰 🔵 🇱 🇦 🇳 🇦 🇰 ℹ️
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Anything I can play with a controller on my PC, because I can stream Steam games to my phone from my PC over the Internet and I have a thing to hold my phone with a Bluetooth controller.

• @MuscarOP
      link
      English
      430 days ago

I’ve wanted to get a holder to join my phone and controller, but I haven’t found one that works with any of the controllers I have :/ I’m a sucker for buttons on the underside of controllers and the “official” ones available (xbox elite and dualsense edge) are way too expensive… And those are the only ones that I find phone attachment thingys for. I have a Gulikit KK3 and it’s an absolutely amazing controller, only two small negatives are the lack of the above-mentioned and a headphone jack. Otherwise, it’s easily the best normal style controller I’ve ever used (I have a deep love for the original steam controller, but mine died a while ago and it has some glaring issues that barely make up for all the greatness).

• @MuscarOP
        link
        English
        230 days ago

Thought I’d chime in and also recommend GeForce Now and Shadow for cloud streaming on your phone, both work well for specific games. Nothing that needs super quick response times and frame-perfect inputs, but more games than I would have guessed work great!

• @MuscarOP
      link
      English
      230 days ago

Oooh, I’ve tried those games, think I finished the first two but just forgot about them. Thanks for the reminder! Definitely picking up the rest.

• @MuscarOP
        link
        English
        230 days ago

Oh yeah, been deep into minesweeper a couple of times through the years. Specifically love Minesweeper - The Clean One. Very well designed both in UI and UX.

• @Psychodelic@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          128 days ago

That’s the one! It’s so cool. I was hooked for a good bit when I first tried it out. It’s so damn satisfying to use

• @PineRune@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    530 days ago

Basically just Fire Emblem Heroes right now.

I keep trying to find a fun game that isn’t a pay to win where you need to whale hundreds of dollars for a -chance- to get something usable (FE Heroes is kinda like this but not too bad) but everything on the app store seems like garbage whenever I look. It’s all designed to punish you if you don’t pay enough money. I don’t mind paying a bit for a game I like but I can’t really find anything good.

I might end up just buying Slay The Spire, even though I already own it on PC.

• @Skyhighatrist@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      530 days ago

All the way through your comment I was thinking, you should try Slay the Spire, but you beat me to it. Another one you might consider is Star Traders: Frontiers I don’t think it has any microtransactions (it’s also on Steam)

• @PineRune@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        128 days ago

I’m not a fan of touchscreen buttons, so I ended up getting a few SBC Gaming devices that emulate games really well and with a native or scaled resolution to match original systems. Or just play them on original hardware (using a flash cartridge if needed).

But to avoid carrying an extra device, android emulation is the way to go.

• @MuscarOP
      link
      English
      edit-2
      30 days ago

Damn, I was gonna write a whole thing about that and say FOSS etc. games are especially appreciated. Sorry!

I use a couple of things to stop stuff like that, haven’t found anything that works perfectly for everything but the most used ones I’ve had (to my knowledge) success with:

Adguard to block any Internet connection to an app. (Adguard website link)

Warden (gitlab link, latest release was 3 years ago but it still works for some apps)

Permission Manager X (f-droid link)

I’ll update the post tomorrow with the part I meant to add! Just took my sleeping pills so it’s goodbye working brain till then.

Again, sorry! I had this in mind from the start, just got so focused on getting links and formatting… No excuse, my bad.

• danielfgom
    link
    fedilink
    English
    430 days ago

I prefer action games. I quite enjoyed the Space Marshalls series.

• @Okokimup@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    41 month ago

I go through phases with games. I always have a jigsaw puzzle game going. Right now I’m obsessed with Killer Sudoku. I occasionally play Mahjong 3D or one of the tap-out games.

• iAmTheTot
    link
    fedilink
    330 days ago

Mini Metro
    Mario Run
    Vampire Survivors
    Card Crawl
    Card Thief
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Professor Layton
    Miracle Merchant
    Game Dev Story
    Game Dev Tycoon
    Motorsport Manager Mobile
    Landrule
    Reigns
    Wingspan

• @MuscarOP
      link
      English
      130 days ago

Gonna check it out! I have a LOT of hours in Minesweeper - The Clean One and they look very similar from just the screenshots. But animation and feel play a big part in minimalist stuff. Thanks for the recommendation!

• @ohwhatfollyisman@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    330 days ago

i’ve severely pruned my games list over the years. the ones which still survive are simon tatham’s puzzles, lichess, forkyz (from f-droid), chess pro, 6 takes, pudding monsters hd, unblock me premium.

that last one, quite appropriately, is played during the morning loo session.

• @MrFappy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    330 days ago

Marvel Snap. It’s the best strategic card game I’ve ever played, although the meta bullshit does tend to get old.