Anyone else notice some sudden new connectivity on the TTC? I’m on Rogers and my phone was connected to 5G the whole time between Bloor-Yonge and Spadina (except the tunnel between St. George and Spadina)! After all these years of waiting, it might be finally happening…

• Avid Amoeba
    link
    fedilink
    410 months ago

Rogers have coverage on the subway?

** Checks the outside for flying pigs.

• @hefty4871@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    310 months ago

Yes they did

As of Wednesday, Rogers says its customers can connect to its 5G network while in the Line 1 stations and tunnels in the Downtown U from Union Station north to St. George and Bloor-Yonge, plus Spadina and Dupont stations.

• @rbesfe@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    210 months ago

Does anyone know if it’s only 5G or if there’s LTE as well? Guess I could go check for myself but this is easier lol

• @zhenbo_endle@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    210 months ago

Great news! Last time I travelled between Bloor to Union and there is no coverage. I’m so eager to travel with TTC again to test it

• @GrindingGears@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Last time I travelled between Bloor and Union on the TTC, cellphones would barely fit in briefcases.

Just a brief attempt at humor. But for real, that’s definitely a feat if you think about it, the TTC is essentially a concrete coffin on a grand scale. That can’t be easy to get signal like that down there.

• @ramjambamalam@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    110 months ago

For a while, Freedom/Wind had exclusive access to subway cellular coverage, so I’m curious if they still have access.

• @Turbo@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Can confirm - Freedom is still working.

.Freedom/Wind and subway internet has been great on the TTC #1line for past 4 years