So today I found a BuzzBeeToys Rapid Fire Tek blaster in a charity shop for a very cheap price, I bought it and it only came with one empty shell, and I’m wondering if it’s possible to buy a pair of shells + foam darts to use with this? I know that this is not a Nerf blaster but I was wondering if it was possible for someone here who’s really into this stuff could help direct me to where I’m supposed to be asking, or even help me with this.

This is the exact blaster I found Thanks!

• @Herbert_WM
    link
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Edit: Melpomene beat me to it, and with a more helpful answer too. Ah well. But in case going through Etsy doesn’t work out, you have another option:

Secondhand BuzzBee shells can be found on ebay, as can unopened refill packs (with darts) - although for the latter at prices that’d easily make your ammo more expensive than your blaster. AFAIK this ammo system has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

The darts that this blaster uses are different from what has since become the industry-standard full-length dart: these ones have larger holes and the shells contain correspondingly larger dart pegs. So unfortunately you can’t just grab some shells and shove normal darts into them.

However - if you remove the dart pegs, that might work. These darts are also shorter than normal darts so you may also need to chop a little bit of foam off the back of each dart.

There’s also an untested 3d printable option for shells, which AFAIK should be compatible with normal darts as it has not dart peg.

This isn’t a blaster that’s widely used (most nerfers find the shells too easy to loose, especially in public games) so there’s not much of a knowledge base built up around it. You might need to do a little experimentation. I’d recommend starting with secondhand (or printed, if that’s a possibility) shells, removing the dart pegs, and using (if necessary shortened) normal darts.

For darts - Adventure Force darts are pretty good and can be bought cheaply in bulk at Walmart. I’m talking about the green darts with the blue heads. People in the hobby refer to them as “waffle” darts due to the tip design.

(Also, if you don’t mind a nitpick - the preferred term is “blaster,” not gun. This is for reasons which boil down to (a) avoiding dangerous misunderstandings and (b) setting an example that helps with (a)).

• @ReduxTOP
      link
      English
      21 year ago

Thanks for this response! Seems it’s gonna take some work to get these in my hands, but I’ll try my best with the methods you have mentioned! Also, I edited the post to include blaster instead of gun, I’ve never really gotten this into this community so I actually had no idea, but thanks for the heads up!

• @ReduxTOP
      link
      English
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Ah! It seems perfect, unfortunately, it does not deliver here and only in the United States, hopefully I’ll find a way to get it though but it’ll probably cost more money. Thanks for finding it so quickly!

• Ali
      link
      English
      11 year ago

I’ve ordered these from Jayde and they do their job. The most I needed to do was a little sanding to get them to smoothly eject from certain blasters.

• @Antyrus
    link
    English
    11 year ago

I don’t know where you live, but in the US stores like Ross Dress for Less(basically a store that gets cheap surplus/leftover stock, primarily clothes, as well as budget brand stuff) and Dollar General sometimes stock newer versions of the Doubleshot, a double barrel shotgun from the same brand that uses the same shells. Saw a few last time I went a couple weeks ago. Also there’s occasionally a variant called Rick’s Shotgun. I would start looking for those blasters if you can’t find a person who can 3D print locally.

Additionally, from my experience, last generation Zuru X-shot darts(flat pancake head) are almost a perfect legacy Buzzbee dart option. Shorter length, wide holes, and widely available cheap blasters often come with a ton of them.