• Overzeetop
    link
    fedilink
    6510 months ago

So Trump sold his building to a shell corporation, owned by Don Jr., and the funding for this would be via an investment made by the hedge fund which is managed by Don Jr. And, of course, a primary ($2B+) investor in that hedge fund is the MBS of the Saud family. Seems on the up and up.

• @ChunkMcHorkle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    2310 months ago

For those who are accusing others of not reading the article, you’re probably right, but it wouldn’t much matter if they had because it’s been changing all day. As of a half hour ago, Newsweek is calling the listing “incorrect” and walking at all back, including the headline, which right now (2:05 PM EDT) reads as “‘Incorrect’ Listing Claimed Donald Trump Sold Mar-a-Lago Before Arrest”. A list of updates is at the end of the article:

BY GIULIA CARBONARO ON 8/25/23 AT 4:29 AM EDT (original byline at the top)

Update, 8/25/23 5:30 a.m. ET: This article was updated to include additional context.

Update, 8/25/23 10:55 a.m. ET: This article was updated to include a comment from Eric Trump. The headline was also updated.

Update, 8/25/23, 11:50 a.m. ET: This article was updated to reflect the listing apparently being updated from “sold” to “off market.”

Update, 8/25/23, 1 p.m. ET: This article was updated with comments from Donald Trump Jr. to Breitbart News.

Update, 8/25/23, 1:30 p.m. ET: This article was updated with a statement from Zillow saying the listing was “incorrect.” The headline was also updated.

• AutoTL;DRB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1910 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Donald Trump has reportedly sold his signature Mar-a-Lago luxury residence in Florida, according to a Zillow listing which said the resort was purchased on August 4—weeks before the former president voluntarily turned himself in at Fulton County jail in Georgia, where he was booked on 13 felony counts.

But a later report by The Express mentions that the former president might have not really “sold” the property, but simply transferred its ownership to an organization owned by his son Donald Trump Jr.

The listing, which is still available on Zillow’s website, shows that a 5,061-square-foot residence at 1100 S Ocean Boulevard in Palm Beach, Florida, was sold on Friday, August 4 for $422,000,000.

While the home is not listed by Zillow as “Mar-a-Lago,” the address corresponds to that of Trump’s Palm Beach residence, and so does its size, roughly.

The listing also mentioned that the last time that the property was sold was on April 6, 1995—the exact same date when the former president turned the residence, which he purchased in 1985, into The Mar-a-Lago Club.

While Trump might have technically sold Mar-a-Lago, his family still has a private residence on the property grounds.

The original article contains 263 words, the summary contains 194 words. Saved 26%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• PeleSpirit
    link
    fedilink
    English
    1710 months ago

Does this mean he thinks he’s going to lose his court cases? I think that’s what it means, he’s not stupid. This might be a step towards fleeing as well.

• @YurkshireLad@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    1110 months ago

$422M? Another fake over evaluation from his Trumpness? I skimmed the article but I can’t recall if it listed the actual price paid or only the evaluation. I wonder how many pennies he really sold it for.

Did he sell it to avoid it being repossessed? Or to reduce his personal wealth? What’s he playing at?