• @Phil_in_here@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    1212 months ago

Automatically deleted and cut out of your life, and all I have to do is nothing? Sounds too good to be true.

• RandomLegend [He/Him]
      link
      fedilink
      422 months ago

She says they will do that, but in reality they would harrass you every couple weeks with unasked photos of what you’re missing.

• @solsangraal@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    English
    372 months ago

my best friend since high school told me the price I’d have to pay to go to his bachelor party in vegas–I laughed and said have fun dude. he said ok, cya afterwards

the wedding was one of the few good ones I’ve been to, and i gave a great best man speech

• @RBWells@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    332 months ago

I thought a destination wedding was basically an elopement, like you are trying to really cull your guest list. Never felt bad about sending a no to those, always figured that’s what they were aiming for.

• Echo Dot
      link
      fedilink
      52 months ago

I know some people that went and got married in Thailand. They’re really good friends but I was not paying to go to Thailand just to watch their wedding, and then come home again, it’s not worth it. They had a much larger wedding back home for everyone else a couple of weeks later on a weekend in the local area.

When you have a destination wedding that’s what everyone expects you to do. Inevitably a lot of people aren’t going to come because friend groups all tend to get married around the same time and if everyone wants to have a destination wedding then I’m not going to have any money left.

• @OneCardboardBox@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    192 months ago

If you’re at the RSVP stage for a destination wedding, surely that would be at least 6-8 months in advance of the date…

Why would you expect people to fill out your wedding registry by then? In my experience, folks only start paying attention in the last month before the event.

• @silkroadtraveler@lemmy.today
    link
    fedilink
    162 months ago

Besides the obvious implications… Hawaii would definitely be more expensive than Thailand unless they picked some 5 star hotel in a remote area. Even then it would probably be close. Hawaii is atrociously expensive.

• @Gork@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    162 months ago

I can’t even afford a local-ish vacation, much less an international destination wedding.

• Echo Dot
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      2 months ago

What you can’t possibly know that’s what his name is. Except it clearly begins with D has five letters in it, and ends with d

Anyway if you really wanted to find this person you would just Google the quote and you’d come right to it so censoring is pointless.