• @pearsaltchocolatebar
    link
    251 month ago

They don’t care that he’s lying. Doing it in real time would make absolutely no difference

• Coelacanth
      link
      fedilink
      231 month ago

To his base, no. His base is lost for the world bar some extremely large scale cult-deprogramming. But for independents and undecideds it would still matter to not let the lies linger in the air. Not that it will ever happen, of course.

• Coelacanth
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          1 month ago

You replied to my comment, though? That’s why I clarified.

EDIT: I concede I might have worded it poorly. What I meant was: his base isn’t going to change his mind regardless and few undecideds/independents will read this. But live fact-checking and calling Trump out properly could affect the latter group.

• @Landless2029@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          edit-2
          1 month ago

They His base don’t care that he’s lying. Doing it in real time would make absolutely no difference

Would’ve been clearer if you specified your comment.

I agree his base is a lost cause, but live fact checking would absolutely make a difference to the uneducated brain rotted masses that are just going with the flow.

Calling him out as a lair to his face live on the air might even make him snap. Sadly no one has the balls to do it.