• @afraid_of_zombies@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    21 year ago

I miss that sub as well. I wish they had a once a week open mic kinda deal.

Chatgpt works wonders for this btw. I noticed something in Mark I didn’t get a few months ago. No one responded to my question in that sub but chatgpt was there ready to engage. It is loaded with biblical scholarship and can even do a bit of speculation.

• @kromem@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      11 year ago

ChatGPT is very susceptible to poor source selection when it comes to biblical scholarship because of the preponderance of apologetics online, just be aware.

And I have been copying the open discussion threads into !AcademicBiblical@lemmy.world (created by one of the mods from the sub) in the hopes that there’s eventually a bit of activity over there in turn. Feel free to repost the question in one of those and given the relative silence so far, it might stand out a bit more in terms of getting an answer?

• @afraid_of_zombies@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        11 year ago

Yeah I appreciate the warning and I have noticed it has a slant. Still for nitty gritty stuff it is amazing. Mark for example is a fairly terse. So I had it do a unique word count on it and compared it to unique word counts in other Greek Documents and confirmed it. That would have been a fairly painful project only a few months ago.

I took your advice and posted. https://lemmy.world/post/2354097 I guess I have Mark on my mind today. Haha