• @magic_smoke@links.hackliberty.org
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Both can be dipshits.

There are lots of kinds of people, for example, you’re the sort that fails to see nuance. If you did you wouldn’t be putting everything into a right or wrong binary. Talking about ‘justice’ being when the ‘right’ people get punished like a fucking child.

• @ravhall
      link
      11 month ago

Nuance. lol. “Maybe if the victim had not spoken up, they wouldn’t get beat.”

link
        fedilink
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Nothing says nuance like heavily simplifying paragraphs down to a byte that sounds supportive of your argument. Yeah let’s ignore the fact he pulled over, got out of his car, and started antagonizing an already angry mob. Fuck off with your strawman bullshit.

• @ravhall
          link
          11 month ago

Uulu said one of the teens threw a bottle of liquid that hit the passenger side of his car as he passed by them. He then drove through the intersection before pulling over and getting out of his car.

“Now, I realize that was a big mistake,” he said.

Bazarbai Uulu said the teens started to surround him before one of the suspects, who was wearing a mask, approached him. At that time, he started running away, and several teens chased him.

Getting out of the car is not antagonizing. Fuck off with your victim blaming.

• My point isn’t that its his fault. My point is that of you’re going to be the sort of person to carry a gun, you should be the sort of person to look at this situation and say “If I get out, there is a good chance I could be put in a position where I have to use my gun. Maybe I should fucking avoid that.”

• @ravhall
              link
              11 month ago

I agree that gun owners should feel that way.

link
                fedilink
                edit-2
                1 month ago

Then it sounds like the solution isn’t him owning a gun, the solution, save for fixing the societal issues that cause an angry mob of teenagers to do this, is to not get out of the car.

Does that mean he deserved it, or that its his fault? No, but the best answer would to be the bigger person, eat the fact that a dipshit kid threw a water bottle at your car, and go about your life.

• @ravhall
                  link
                  11 month ago

So now it’s society? Just blame the fucking teenagers!!!

link
                    fedilink
                    edit-2
                    1 month ago

Jesus Christ dude what is it with this childish, immature, and broken sense of justice? Why does there need to be some fucking bogeyman to blame. You ever consider that maybe that most shitty things in the world are the result of a large collection of factors. Some accident, some by mistake, others deliberately with malicious intent.

The only way to ever see justice, actual honest to god justice, not your fun house mirror interpretation, is to actually sit down and so the work. I mean honest to god, transparent, consider all the fucking facts equally, look at everyone as an individual, justice. The sort of shit the courts should be, but probably never will.

Did you and me do shit like that as teenagers? No but you and I most likely had adults looking out for us, if not most of your friends did. The fact you have this many kids doing this shit says that there’s enough without guidance for mob mentality to take over like that. That, as far as I’m concerned, says something about the state of that community. Which in and of itself says something of the society of which it exists in.

If you’ve got a giant mob of people who aren’t old enough to legally consider adults going around doing shit like that, yeah there’s some fucking societal ills. That sort of shit doesn’t happen in a vacuum because some kids felt like being assholes, or better yet it does because no one was there to teach them better.

That’s what happens when you have a bunch of young people full of piss, vinegar, and hormones and no one to help, and no promise of a future.

Does that justify what they did or make it not wrong? No, its just that trying to police people harder isn’t going to prevent this from happening, shooting into the crowd wouldnt have prevented that mob from forming either. Giving those kids the resources they need and a shot at a future before they became an angry mob? That might’ve actually prevented it.