• Google is transitioning Chrome’s extension support from the Manifest V2 framework to the V3.
  • This means users won’t be able to use uBlock Origin to block ads on Google Chrome.
  • However, there’s a new iteration of the app — uBlock Origin Lite, which is Manifest V3 compliant but doesn’t boast the original version’s comprehensive ad-blocking features.
  • Chozo
    link
    fedilink
    31 month ago

Firefox breaks Slack, Zoom, Salesforce, Jira, and several other internal/proprietary platforms I use. Many of our tools are integrated into each other (sometimes on the backend through the API, sometimes on the frontend through an iFrame), and Firefox really doesn’t play nicely with these interactions. Either it doesn’t like the fact that our apps are accessing multiple sites at a time and throws security errors, or it just doesn’t render some parts of the page properly, making them unusable.

For instance, one ticketing tool we use is completely inaccessible in Firefox, because the page breaks after the header and loads the rest into a 10px-wide column that stretches for miles. Works fine in Chrome, Edge, and even Safari somehow.

Some of this could be fixed by using these platforms with their out-of-the-box software which may be more compatible with Firefox, without our modifications. But our mods are there because these integrations drastically improve our workflows, so that’s unfortunately not a feasible option for our business.

A lot of this is due to Firefox having stricter standards, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Maybe our developers should make our tools more standard-compliant and that might be better in the long run. But until then, I gotta use what works.

• The Octonaut
      link
      fedilink
      -41 month ago

Firefox breaks…

(Long unnecessary nonsense that isn’t applicable to anyone else)

Maybe our developers should make our tools more standard-compliant

lol. So who broke it?

• Chozo
        link
        fedilink
        31 month ago

(Long unnecessary nonsense that isn’t applicable to anyone else)

I was answering a question that was asked directly to me, genius.