• @pearsaltchocolatebar
    link
    3613 days ago

Also, Kevin is likely being forced to chat with 3+ customers simultaneously, so that’s why it might take a minute to get back to you.

• @halcyoncmdr@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1013 days ago

3 could be a minimum. And the issues won’t be similar, they’ll be just as random as anything else coming in. And their system to actually look up info and make changes will likely only work on one account at a time. It’s possible, but unlikely that the system could use tabs to switch between accounts for chats. That would have required AT&T to actually do something to make the agents job easier, and would cost money to develop.

• @pearsaltchocolatebar
        link
        313 days ago

Their CRM software is a steaming pile of shit, but they can pull up multiple accounts at once.

• @halcyoncmdr@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          313 days ago

Well, at least it can do the minimum. Not saying much still, but better than I expected from AT&T.

I wonder if that was actually from Cingular when they bought the old AT&T and decided to use the AT&T name instead going forwards.

• @distantsounds@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      -1513 days ago

I am being forced to ‘chat’ with ‘Kevin’ because the limited options and ‘competitive’ choices in my area (which is a major market city)