We used to have earbuds that don’t need to be charged because they had a headphone jack, didn’t get lost so easily because they had a cord attached to a headphone jack, never lost the bluetooth connection because they had a headphone jack, and they cost less because they had a headphone jack. https://bsky.app/profile/daisyfm.bsky.social/post/3l3mfjc6sn62k

• @cheddar@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    12 days ago

I don’t lose my headphones, and they don’t lose connection. Maybe OP shouldn’t use $5 earbuds from aliexpress. As for charging, what’s the problem? It’s not like you have to ride a bicycle to generate electricity, all you have to do is put them in a box.

Wired headphones were a pain in the ass to wear with anything other than a t-shirt, and the wires always got tangled by invisible gnomes in your pocket.

I use wireless headphones even though my phone has the jack connector.

• @OmegaLemmy
      link
      English
      211 days ago

On the plus side it doesn’t get in the way, doesn’t have a potential of breaking and Carrying around as well as looking a fuck lot more stylish. Audio quality is also great nowadays, check out the tests.

• @Honytawk@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      -111 days ago

Why? Because 5$ wired earbuds work perfectly and has excellent quality. Hell, even free ones are great.

So why shouldn’t we compare them?

• @cheddar@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        English
        211 days ago

Cheap electronics come with various risks, hence my assumption. You can always say that cheap wired headphones don’t have connectivity issues, and that’d be a fair point.