• bizarroland
    link
    fedilink
    110 days ago

You say that as an innocent person right? What if you committed a crime and you know you’re guilty of it? Would you not just do your time because your own conscience motivates you to do so?

• @MrFappy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      010 days ago

Im going to answer in order- 1. No I say this as someone who never got caught for my shit (not saying it to seem hard or cool, just answering your question) and since everything that I’ve done has no negative impact on others- 2. I know what crimes I’ve committed, and since they never harmed anyone, regardless of how I know I’m guilty of doing them- 3. My conscience would say something to the effect of, “this is absolute bullshit, and I would rather die than become a slave over some bullshit. What I did may not have been even close to worthy of a death sentence, from the sounds of how those who actually do work are treated, it’s likely to be a death sentence regardless (70% working in unsafe conditions, I know how that shit ends). So I might as well die knowing that I’m not being forced into some bullshit that removes all dignity from my existence.”