• Humanity is going to survive, perhaps in small isolated pockets that never reach the potential capitalism squandered.

That being said, if I were to have a kid I’d be taking on the burden of finding a way to set them up for a good life. I don’t see a good life in near to mid term future for anyone not extremely lucky in birth circumstance.

• UlyssesT [he/him]
      link
      fedilink
      English
      229 days ago

Humanity is going to survive, perhaps in small isolated pockets that never reach the potential capitalism squandered.

The neoliberal propaganda known as “Kurzgesagt” said that if 99% of humanity is wiped out, that’s still a “win” for Team Humanity™. The propaganda declined to state what the planetary conditions would look like for that 1% but assumed everything would be fine after that.

• DragonBallZinn [he/him]
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        9 days ago

Seriously , if Kurzgesagt actually thinks that I’m absolutely disgusted, that sounds like Hitler particles shit right there.

EDIT: disregard the stuff I said about Stalin’s quote. I double checked it and apparently that quote wasn’t even something he actually said.

• UlyssesT [he/him]
          link
          fedilink
          English
          129 days ago

if Kurzgesagt actually thinks that I’m absolutely disgusted, that sounds like Hitler particles shit right there.

The words Kurzgesagt said were something about a “win for team humanity” with even a 1% human survival total during some industry-driven environmental collapse. There was some weapons-grade hopium about how wonderful it’d be for “team humanity” to live on with whatever killed the other 99% on so poisoned a planet.