• @delirious_owl
    link
    16 days ago

But social movements? They stay. I WANT my local, provincial, and federal governments to show support for marginalized groups. That includes our LGBTQ, indigenous, disabled, visible minorities, etc.

This is how you end up with thin blue line flags and other dog whistle neo Nazi flags hanging at the court house.

Because, many will argue, the white male is now a minority thats being oppressed…

• @corsicanguppy@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      25 days ago

Because, many will argue, the white male is now a minority thats being oppressed…

At 49.8% or some similarly dumb number, the facts are there. And I’ve seen advertisements for jobs etc that say my genetic mix isn’t welcome, like being French is a choice or being left-handed. The components of reverse sexism are there.

I hope that if I learn to cope with minor disadvantage, that we can keep the equality movement as an equality movement and not some revenge play where I get penalized too often for something I wasn’t a part of.

There. I know my own opinion smells like virtue signalling while it also doesn’t placate people who’ve been hurt and want payba-uh, justice. Ironically I’ll be downvoted to hell for promoting equality, I expect.